chapter 1

Family
The people that are chosen for you, the very ones who were supposed to have your back despite to have your , despite whatever is thrown at you, The ones who I used to think no matter what tried to drive us apart , would always stick with me at the end of the day .

The endless bantering, jokes that we make about each other , nasty remarks yelled across the room; all of it would not make a difference to the special bond you had with them- for the bond with your family was unbreakable, undestroyable, unruinable. For that bond was meant to last FOREVER.

Why didn't someone tell my seven-year-old self about the destruction family could bring upon you, about the bonds that could be snapped within moments, about the pain and suffering your loved ones would torment you with.

Why didn't anyone tell the innocent child with wide, ocean, blue eyes to stop looking for the goodness in people, for sometimes there was no good that could be sought? Why did I have to learn the hard way?

My mother, a petite lady with auburn brown hair and eyes that spun stories of happiness, concealing her children from all the pain that she felt every day. Someone who I had looked upon, someone who I thought would be there for me forever, someone who I didn't think would disappear on the three of us one day without a note as she just took her belongings and ran away.

It had broken us as a family, my father, my brother and I. Long gone were the times when my father used to read me bedtime stories and take the two of us out for picnics every weekend. Instead, a scowl remained etched on his face as his demeanour changed drastically.

Night after night he would come home staggering drunk, eyes cold and emotionless as he would unleash his fury upon me. Beating after beating I took without a complaint, though I would lock myself up in my room right after and cry myself to sleep.

In the middle of the night, Smith would come back; exhausted from work. He would always check on me, tending to my bruises while spewing apology after apology for not stopping him.

That was how my brother was, protective and caring. He would always push the blame upon himself but I knew he was working day and night to provide me with a better future. Or so I thought....

A harsh knock broke me out of my reverie as Smith pushed the door open and took me by the hand roughly. Not meeting my eyes, he dragged me to my father's study room but just before he could open the brown, oak wood door, I broke out of his tight grip.

Confusion along with frustration danced in my eyes as he paused, turning back to look at me. I folded my arms across my chest, arching an
eyebrow as I signalled for him to explain his rash movements.

He still refused to meet my eyes, glancing everywhere but as a tense atmosphere surrounded us. "Just follow me okay?" Exhaustion laced his voice, halting the remark brewing at the tip of my tongue as I nodded unsurely.

Opening the door, my father sat at his desk: a smile on his face as he conversed with the guy seated across him, his back facing me. Upon seeing me, Jonathon's smile twisted into a
Sinister smirk as his eyes bore into me

Gulping nervously, I lifted my chin as I thought strode behind my brother, not letting the anxiety I was feeling to show after all showing emotions represented weakness the only thing I learnt despicable man.

It came to the heart behind my first the Corners of his mouth turning down into small frown as he stayed impassively at the man that I had yet see.

As I paused next to my brother The stranger let out a dark rambling laugh that forced me to throw a glare at him little did I expect London's most dangerous man to be to lounging my house

My lips parted in surprise, taking in his Jet black hair and suit one that stretched over his defined muscles on his biceps . His piercing green eyes held a dangerous, predatory gleam as he ranked me over before a smirk found his way on to his face . " This is the one ?" He asked to my father and it took me all my strength to not let out a gasp from my mouth .

What was chris walter , the leader of biggest gang doing in my house , talking to my father ? My father nodded , a slight dip of the head before the two men shook there hands .

"C'mon love, you're coming home with me," chris commanded authority that only the foolish dared to ignore, sending a small shiver down my spine. Unluckily for me, I had the sharpest tongue that was yet to be controlled and no fear for speaking my mind, not even to the guy who could probably kill me with
a snap of my fingers.

"The fuck I am," I responded, feeling my brother stiffen next to me and within a blink of an eye, I was pressed against the wall with the barrel of a gun placed on my head. My heart began pounding slightly but I refused to let my fear show, refused to let chris have the satisfaction of having the upper hand and refused to show any sign of weakness to fuel my father's smirk.

"What did you say to me?" Chris growled, his voice holding a menacing edge that promised no safety. Our eyes still held each other, my ocean blue ones fighting with his penetrating green irises. Not a moment later, a hand clasped chris shoulder and pulled him away from me with a sharp tug.

My shoulders slumped slightly in relief as I wiped the palms of my clammy hands on my shorts. "What the hell is he saying?" I asked smith, who was still persistent on not meeting my eyes. "He is telling the truth, start packing your bags," My father commanded but I brushed it off, my disbelieving gaze still latched onto my brother.

I had never expected my father to be there for me but my brother, my heart seized slightly as tears began to well up in my eyes. I blinked them away furiously, not allowing a single tear to stream down my cheek. I would not cry. "Smith?" I asked, my voice breaking slightly at the end as his silence said enough for me.

"That's right, you have just been sold to the gang leader," chris voiced my thought,his voice holding a tone of amusement even as I found my knees locking. What the hell did my family just sign me up for?

TBC
Authors note:-

Character aesthetic

For our heroine the character aesthetic will be posted later ! When she will introduce herself 😉

So yeah I have changed the story line ! Hope u all don't mind , also I have changed the name it's not sumellika here and reason behind changing names I already told that it gives me more freedom to think out of my box and at last I hope u will like this story too please do vote and comment ✨ 💝

Waiting eagerly for your response