chapter 14

I lay on my bed with a slight grin, having completed yet another Netflix episode. I was bored out of my mind since it was sunday and I had no school to go to. Who knew it took up so much time?

I headed down to the kitchen, still pondering about what I should do to keep myself busy. Go shopping? Too far. Go boxing? Too lazy. Bake? Not interested. As I was thinking, I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down on the counter, fingers drumming against the marble countertop.

"Someone is up early, Noah greeted sarcastically and I stuck my tongue out, knowing that I had slept A LOT today. It felt good to finally catch up though and after being trapped alone in my room till 6 pm, I had finally decided to show my face.

"I'm boredddd," I whined slightly and watched as Noah rolled his eyes at my childishness. People used to call me slightly over-dramatic but I didn't see why. You go see the state of my school and then come talk to me if you managed to make a week without puking, passing out or ditching.

"Well, I have to go, Chao," Noah spoke up and gave me a two-fingered salute before walking off. I let out an agonizing groan, great I was all alone again.

"I'm going for a walk," I finally decided, proud that my indecisive being finally made a decision. My mind had been pounding from a never-ending headache due to the multiple stresses I was facing but I knew some fresh air would be the cure to my problem.

I hadn't had the chance to explore the grounds of the house and was surprised by how beautiful the garden looked. I surveyed my surrounding with interest, the pounding finally ceasing to end as I inhaled the crisp, garden fresh air.

There were many exotic plants to be found; Lillies, Orchids, roses and I even spied a pond as I rounded the corner which immediately caught my attention. I sat down on the bench nearby it, watching as fish darted as if they were all playing a game with one another.

Birds danced in the trees and a flurry of movements had my head turning, a smile gracing my lips at the sight of a squirrel darting up a tree. It must take a lot of maintenance to sustain the massive garden but I'm glad they got someone to take care of it. It added freshness to the suffocating aura.

All of a sudden, I heard a sound that didn't belong in this calm, serene place. A sound that almost... I furrowed my eyebrows as I forced my ears to concentrate. A moan? I turned behind me and squinted my eyes against the blaring sun to make out two figures pressed up against the wall of the house.

What the hell? I didn't want to interrupt them so I stood up and decided to head back home but realised my problem as I neared. I had to pass them...

I did so quickly, keeping my gaze ahead as I brisk-walked to the front of the house, not wanting to pop their bubble of happiness, no matter how much PDA they were showing."I know you saw me, Hazel," A familiar voice called out as I reached two steps away from them and I halted in my tracks nervously. I turned around to see an amused Blake and a man? Wait was Blake...

"Yes I'm gay and no, you're not seeing weird things, Blake told me casually just as I started to doubt what my mind was portraying. "I'll see you tomorrow Micheal," Blake told the man who looked just as flustered as him. His partner nodded and walked off in the other direction, not before sending Blake a heartwarming smile and me a nod of acknowledgement.

Turning his firm gaze upon me, the smile vanished from his face and his lips were pulled down into a frown. "Hazel will you be my girlfriend?"

I blinked once

Twice

Thrice

But he was still standing there with his questioning gaze on mine and wasn't doing anything to say this was a joke. "Blake I may be many things but I'm not blind," I waved my hands around as if that would remind him of what I stumbled upon.