chapter 13

Reaching school in an exhausted state, my cup of coffee in my hand was the only thing keeping me awake. I had little to no sleep last night, my mind too crowded with thoughts to allow me that peace my body craved.

Though that was no longer an abnormality to me or the rest of the student population, seeing how nearly everyone was gripping tightly onto some caffeinated drink.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day, I would die from not receiving enough rest. I could almost imagine my headstone, "Hazel Summers. 15 July 1998- 5 march 2022. Died to lack of sleep"

I could also picture several faces laughing as they passed by my grave thinking off how stupid I was to send myself into an earlier death.

I shook my head, I was slowly but surely going insane. And this was all chris's fault. Being with that bastard made my head spin.
He kept on changing his moods and I had a feeling that if he went to a psychologist, the man would just look chris up and down and diagnose him with bi-polarity in an instant.

I swear, one minute he was nice then he wasn't then he was and agh, he's just an asshole.

Just as I reached my locker did two other people that I honestly had no energy to deal with at that moment.

"Aww how sad, did your boyfriend break up with you?" I heard Sam's unsympathetic voice ring through my ears and I raised my glare to her. What the hell was her problem?

She was the type of people that I hated the most, not just because she turned out to be a  bitch, but also just seeing her made one's day take a negative spin.

It was like she wasn't content with how she was in life and so she decides instead of rising above her problems and trying to be a good person by her own credits, she's just going to pull everyone below her.

Because by the end of the day, she still viewed herself standing on the top of the world, no matter how many crying corpses suffered below her.

I honestly have no idea where these thoughts come into my head from but something was surely messed up inside this empty space of mine that was seriously lacking a brain.

"No, but yours might very soon," I stated, snapping back to reality after scanning the hall for a second. I pointed behind her to where indeed the familiar shaggy hair of her boyfriend was visible as kissed  another girl openly in front of everyone.

I saw anger paint Sam's face an ugly red and I thought she was going to turn around to him but instead, she charged at me, fuming.

"I fucking hate you, stop trying to ruin my life you bitch," She raged as she stared into me, fires burning in her eyes. My face took on a momentary expression of shock before my expression too, contorted in anger as I caught her outstretched hand in mine.

That was enough to get my blood boiling as her stupid ass thought she could outburst me in fighting. We both knew I could have her destroyed in seconds so why the hell was she doing this? Oh right, someone had flushed her common sense down the drain, along with her humanity.

She raised her left hand to punch me in the face and I narrowly ducked, driving my elbow into her rib and hearing a satisfying groan of pain. I let go of my hold of her as I turned around to see her holding her bruised area with a hand yet a scowl was still plastered onto her face.

She brought her dangerously razor-sharp nails up and managed to scratch the cornering my right forehead before I threw her off me. I felt the warm, sticky blood trickle down my cheek but honestly, it didn't faze me as I threw a punch to her eye. Hopefully, the black eye would teach her a lesson...

"Stop it, both of you!" I heard a yell and I knew it wasn't good as the crowd that formed around us parted for a teacher to enter. She took us both by the arms and yanked us, dragging us to the principal's office.