Chapter 20

It had been three days since the incident and two since my weak admission. Whenever I thought back to Wednesday, I cringed slightly at how much of a cry baby I had become.

I was bawling my eyes out in front of the most dangerous man of London, though to me I had worse haunting my nightmares.

It had been awkward to say in the least as he just sat there, staring at me for a good 3 minutes as I tried to compose myself but failed miserably.

I didn't know what was running through his mind at the moment but it was probably how much of a weakling I was and as much as that thought hurt, it was true. I was the biggest baby I knew and I hated myself for it.

Thursday passed by painfully slowly, Blake and Noah keeping me company as I was still confined to the hospital room though I was allowed to walk around and gained my strength back.

Izzy joined us after she came back from school, apologizing profusely to me with a guilty expression. Of course, I forgave her for it was clear that she had been shaken up and we had been the same ever since.

It was Friday morning now and I was sat in my hospital room, arguing relentlessly with Blake.

"I need to go to school today," the conversation started off and we have been bickering for fifteen minutes at six o'clock in the morning. The nurse herself had given me the go card but this oaf wasn't letting me out of the room to get changed and ready.

I sighed in exasperation as I narrowed my eyes at him, his stern expression not wavering one bit. "I need to go to school," I repeated, my voice hard. He didn't understand because he didn't know.

I knew that Falcon was keeping tabs on me but he wasn't stupid enough to attack me at school. That and both him and I knew that if he whacked me up again, I wouldn't survive it.

Falcon may have initially wanted to kill me but I knew his motives have changed now. And it definitely had to do with the fact that I was under chris's gang, the west side's, protection.

The biggest gang and the worst enemy for Falcon to have if he killed me because I knew my friends would raise hell if they found out...

I needed to go to school because if I didn't Falcon would know I was too weak to do so and his psychotic mind would thrive off the fact that he did so much harm to me. I wouldn't let him get that satisfaction after all he snatched from me, after all those emotional and physical scars he burdened me with and inflicted upon me.

"She's going to school," Came a familiar voice, which upon hearing made me jolt in slight surprise. I turned my head to meet chris's penetrating gaze, the insides of me buzzing slightly despite my un wanting.

He had avoided me since two days ago, passing on whatever important messages through my friends. My heart twisted slightly, clenching, every time I heard a message that he passed because he didn't want to come down here to give it himself. I mean who would want to communicate with such a weakling?

Blake nodded his head, his jaw slightly clenched as he helped me up. Blake and I were still 'dating', which made it reasonable for why he spent so much time in here with me. Every time I thought about the huge secret we were keeping, the guilt made me unable to meet anyone's eye.

It felt like I was cheating them, deceiving them and backstabbing my other two friends just by a mere withdrawal of the truth. Because I knew they deserved to know, much more than I did anyway.
I nodded at chris, a gesture of thanks before I walked out of the room and to the foyer. I was already dressed in a sweatshirt and tights, the outfit fully covering any sign of injuries along with the coat of concealer that took me ten minutes to apply.