chapter 31

Chris's pov

A small smile tugged the corners of my lips up when I heard the backdoor slam shut. Those bastards had sneaked in again...

They do it almost every game, just taking the back entrance like they own the place though I wouldn't be surprised they hadn't gotten told off.

I mean take one look at Blake and you already want to piss your pants but a crew of four? I wouldn't blame the staff members for looking the other way.

I slung my towel around my neck before kicking the door open, not bothering to give myself a one- over in the mirror. That would just boost my confidence.

All jokes aside, I heard the footsteps of my gang nearing me and I ruffled my hair slightly before looking up, my eyes immediately locking on hazel the first thing.

Fuck, there was something about her that was addicting, that was drawing me in.
I don't know if it was the soft smile she gave whenever we were alone at night, sipping tea that I brew when I knew she was tense, or the way that her words would always cut through the fog in my mind when I was pissed and bring me a sense of peace.

Godfuckingdammit, I'm starting to sound like a damn simp.

That didn't stop me from scanning her up and down briefly, my hands itching to slip around her waist and pull her flush against me- what the fuck chris?

I gripped them behind my back tightly and looked up at Noah before tilting my head slightly to the arena.

He smirked before giving me a slight nod and I rolled my eyes as he gestured for Izzy and Blake to follow him, leaving me and hazel behind.

She seemed to be in her own world, her cheeks painted a slight flush that wasn't there earlier and I wondered what could be going through her mind right now.
Kind of wish it was me... I swear to the fucking gods chris if you don't snap out of it soon, I'll fucking snap you out of this world one way or another.

I let my eyes wander around the area, scanning it for any certain cameras that I need to be wary of. As a gang leader, being watched was something I fucking hated and needing to analyse my surroundings was a must.

Slowly my eyes drifted back to the girl standing not even a hair's width apart from me and a small smirk found its way to my face as an idea came to my head.

I raised my hand and hit the back of her head lightly, just a slight tap hoping to make her unbalanced.

Yeah and then what?

You want her to fall into your arms, you simp?

Maybe... but damn she has good balance and managed to say on her damn feet. What if I just swept them from under her...

This isn't a fucking romantic movie you moron, say something.
"Why do you always seem so lost around me?" Was the first thing that could come to my mind and I saw her visibly stiffen with surprise yet her sharp tongue carried her with the reply.

I rolled my eyes slightly, inwardly wanting to see her speechless though I knew that would be close to impossible.

I muttered a response instinctively, a haze filling my brain as I stepped even closer to her.

It was like a fallen angel had come into my life, one that seemed innocent and pure on the outside but was just as tainted inside.

The urge to kiss her soft lips grew as the moments passed, I just wanted to feel the angel kiss on my devil lips.

Maybe this was our middle ground. The devil from hell and the angel from heaven, meeting on this earth to share precious moments together.

Woow ..... What a story line