chapter 12

I woke up with a pounding headache, the intensity of the light shining down on me not helping my pathetic situation. I reached over to get my phone from my bedside table when I realised it wasn't there and nor was the table that normally resided beside my bed.

I squinted my eyes, sitting up abruptly when the realisation dawned upon me that I wasn't in my room, before groaning loudly as a searing pain shot through my head. Why the hell did I think it was a good idea to consume my weight in alcohol?

"Wake up, you still have to get to school," Came Chris's deep voice and I groaned once again at the prospect of going to that hideous place. "Can I skip please?" I begged as I lay back down on the bed and snuggled my head into the pillow, holding back a moan at the woody scent.

Chris was here and that meant I hadn't been kidnapped, well I was but you know what I meant. So I was safe and no matter where I Was, there was a comfortable bed beckoning me to sleep once again.

Just as my eyelids were about to drop at the beginning of a peaceful slumber he decided to speak again, " If you skip, the whole school is going to think you're a weakling."

I frowned into the pillow at his brutal honesty but I knew he was speaking the truth nonetheless. If there was something he prided in, that I noticed over the past few days, was his honesty and that didn't like to lie, no matter how grave the situation.

I procrastinated for another minute, thinking through the pros and cons of me having a lazy day. "Who's room is this?" I asked chris who was sitting down on a chair and using his phone.

"Mine," He replied without looking up and I immediately jumped out of bed, cursing myself at the quick movements. He glanced up at me, amusement lacing his features as I stared down at my clothes and then at the bed with worry.No, I wasn't a virgin but I was sick and tired of being taken advantage of and I just hoped that hadn't happened tonight. I had promised myself, when I took a step into the threshold of this new house, that I would change over into a new leaf. I would no longer let people decide my actions and that included my sexual life.

After watching the fear on my face with avid interest, chris finally spoke up, "Nothing happened last night, I slept on the couch." I turned to him with my eyebrows furrowed, about to open my mouth to answer another question when I spotted a faint pink blush dusting his cheeks

He must have seen me staring because his expression hardened as he scoffed, "Don't worry, I wouldn't sleep with you even if I was drunk." I rolled my eyes, ignoring the hurt I felt as my temper rose slightly. I left the room in a huff and entered my own room.Who did this guy think he was, assuming he was always better than everyone? I wouldn't sleep with him either though under the influence of alcohol, especially being the lightweight I was, I knew I couldn't hold to my words.

I swallowed two pills of Advil that was resting on my counter and hopped into the shower, waiting for the relief from the migraine to kick in. Slipping on a crop black sweatshirt and black sweatpants, I sorted through the memories I had of last night.

All I remember was drinking way too much and passing out on the kitchen floor. My face heated up as I imagined what I could have said to anyone or what could have happened.

Drunk me was a mess, that was what I had been told numerous times because drunk me wanted to be happy when it felt like the world was against me. Drunk me was someone I wished I could be, carefree in this society of haters, but I knew I was the exact
Society of haters, but I knew I was the exact opposite, silently drowning in my misery.

I made my way down to the kitchen, my feet immediately leading me towards the delicious scent wafting through the air. My stomach rumbled as I spied a plate of banana pancakes, topped with freshly cut banana slices and a drizzle of honey.