Chapter 15

I pushed the door of the house open, relieved to have survived my first day back after a week long break. Trust me when I said this was an achievement worth noting.

The first thing my eyes fell upon was the immaculateness of the place, the foreign cleanliness of the hallway strange to the eye. Shoes were laid up neatly against a wall or placed orderly in a cabinet that I hadn't even known existed.

The carpet was smoothened out and there was no clutter littering the table pressed against the far wall. Was there an event that I was missing out on? Shrugging, I made my way up to my room, noting that not only did the hallway look neat, it was the whole house that sparkled, like it just had a long overdue wash.

I felt myself jump slightly when I turned around after shutting my bedroom door to see Izzy lounging on my bed. She had bunked school after lunch and left me her car to drive home, seeing how I still hadn't gotten one of my own.

Next to her sprawled out form was one of my blue dresses, ironed out and for once, not crumpled in the corner of my wardrobe. I hadn't even gotten around to use this outfit and didn't understand why it was taken out.

Were we going out? Was there another gang meeting that was happening in this house with the rest of the gang members that I was unaware of?

Upon seeing my confused expression, Izzy let out one of her tinkling laughs. "You need to dress nice today. My mom is coming for a visit and let me tell you now, she is extremely particular about having a formal and nice dinner. So I took the effort to look through your hella messy closet and pick out something suitable. Go get showered."

I nodded my head, suddenly feeling slightly anxious as I was shooed off to my bathroom. I didn't know this lady and I was sure as hell she didn't know why I was here so I hadn't a clue what I was supposed to answer her questions with.

Deciding to procrastinate like usual and worry later, I took a nice shower and cleaned myself up. No matter who she was, I wanted to put on a good impression. Especially if I was going to be introduced as Blake's girlfriend, that only put more pressure on my shoulders.

Slipping on the blue dress, I was esthetic to see that it fit me perfectly, hugging the right places of my body and it also brought out the blue in my eyes, adding a twinkle to the boring colour.

The minute I had the back zipped up, Izzy re entered with a bag full of makeup that I knew couldn't mean anything good.

"Woah, woah, woah hold up there. I want simple Iz, and not you're simple, my simple," I made it clear and watched her huff in disappointment. If it were up to her, my face would be caked in those dangerous substances.

Now I didn't have a problem with makeup, not at all, but I didn't use it very much. First off using anything in excess wasn't good and I wasn't in the mood to look like a china doll or a fake barbie. Second, I was probably one of the most laziest people on earth who would groan at the prospect of doing this tedious task every morning.