Chapter 21

"Wake up you lazy girl," I heard someone say from the distant and I continued to keep my eyes shut. He probably wasn't talking to me because was I lazy? Hell Nah...

Actually, who am I kidding? The sunlight was streaming in through the drawn back curtains and I groaned, knowing it was time for me to get up but I snuggled back into my pillow, my soft and comfortable pillow which I had no intention of leaving the whole day.

It was Saturday and I was tired, exhausted even.

"There are pancakes for breakfast," The annoying voice said just this time he finally succeeded in getting me up as I shook the blankets off me in a hurry and stood up, a smile on my face like a birthday girl being told she was getting a pony for her birthday.

Sleeping is for the dead, I decided with a change of mind and a grumbling stomach, food was so much better. I heard a chuckle and turned to see Blake shaking his head at me.

"There are no pancakes but we're going to the party? I thought pancakes were the only way of waking you up," He admitted and my face deflated. No pancakes? Oh goddamn him.

I grumbled my way to the bathroom where I took a nice shower, the hot water pelting down my body and helping me wake up. I was strange like that because most people said that cold water helps to wake you up but it didn't for me. Scalding hot water was so much better.

I got out and shivered as the cold air greeted me, extremely chilly. Today seemed like it was going to be one of those days where you needed to layer up and so I put on a dark blue knee length dress which is perfectly shinning keeping my hairs open and let them fall till my waist and Finally, a good hair day. They seemed so rare nowadays...

Pairing my outfit with a pair of blue heels, I took my purse from my table and made my way downstairs where the rest of the five people living here were seated. They were all eating the same thing, a bowl of cold cereal and that made my frown slightly, what happened to the delicious hot breakfasts?

"Cook is on medical leave and I was too lazy to cook," Izzy stated after a second of me staring at them confusedly. I nodded my head and fixed myself a small bowl of the same thing, at least no one died or maybe I was watching too many television shows.

Two minutes later and I had gobbled down all my breakfast, excitement buzzing within me. I was really really looking forward to today now, just thinking about all the mouth-watering food that would be available at the carnival. Yes, it was all about the food.

"Let's go," I told them and Izzy, Noah and Blake got up from their seats and headed to collect their belongings. I frowned at chris whose eyes were glued to his phone and had not once looked up from his device.

I slid into the chair next to him, snapping my fingers in front of his phone. "Aren't you coming? It'll be fun," I asked him and he just shook his head.

This was the chris that everyone was used to, the workaholic that never left the house. He didn't know how to have fun and since I didn't hate him anymore, I guess we were sort of friends? Semi-friends, I would call us because I had this feeling that he still hated me.

I took his phone from his hand and he looked at my grinning face with a scowl, slightly irritated with my childish antics. Should I give it back, it could be important? I shook my head at my thoughts and tugged on his hand, forcing him to stand up.

"You're coming," I told him, ignoring how my stomach flipped at our contact. It was just nervousness, I told myself, I was just nervous to order chris when it should be the other way around.

When he followed me willingly, the knot in my stomach loosened and I tried to take my hand out of his grip but he was holding my hand tight. It felt nice for some reason, his hand encasing mine.