chapter 6

The rest of the afternoon had gone by smoothly since I had spent most of my time sparring with Blake after chris left.

Yeah chris fired him first but then he changed his mind ..

He was great company, just as Noah had been, and always ended up laughing when I had failed at throwing the knives on the target

When Blake had laughed the first time, I was caught so off-guard that I had turned towards him and just stared for a full minute. He had given me a weird look and I agreed with him that I probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

But still, with the fitness of a bodybuilder, he did not seem likely to laugh and joke around but yet he was. There you go again Hazel, judging a book by its cover.

But nonetheless, the few hours I had spent with him got him to open up greatly and I felt like we two could also be good friends in the near future. Once I get out of this prison that is...

When we had finished training, Blake had taken me to the infirmary that this place had. The simplicity of this room surprised me since it resembled that of an average hospital room, minus the strong smell of disinfectant. Nothing in this house was simple besides this.

Noah was hauled up in one of the three hospital beds, dressed in a hospital gown and eating a bowl of, wait a minute, ice cream. I was slightly astounded to see that familiar sweet treat in a place with such a gloomy atmosphere but Noah was gobbling it down happily while his eyes were fixed on the tv.

I cleared my throat to make my presence aware as I neared him and he quickly turned off the tv before flashing me a genuine smile, which I definitely didn't deserve.

My apology must have been written clearly on my face because he waved it off and patted the chair next to him for me to sit down. I did as he asked and Blake followed suit, dragging up another chair to take a seat next to me.

"Look, Noah, I am really really sorry it wasn't my intention to injure you or anything..." I started but was efficiently cut off when Noah placed his hand over my mouth and shook his head.

"Zip it, your acting as if you shot me in the head with a gun. It's just a bruised rib, I will be fine in a while." He told me and I was slightly relieved that I hadn't indeed broken his rib. My shoulders slumped slightly, a slight weight lifted off my shoulders at the knowledge that he didn't blame me.

"Man, if you were shot in the head I would thank her. That means you wouldn't be here to annoy the life out of me," Blake teased and Noah released his hold on me to swat his best friend on the head.

Though he didn't reach so far and he turned his gaze onto me, a puppy dog expression on his face. I let out a slight chuckle, hitting Blake at the back of the head and earning a mew of protest.

Blake rubbed the sore area and threw me a disbelieving gaze. "What so, I sparred with you for god knows how many hours but your loyalty lies with him. I see how it is Ms Summers...." He overdramatic with an expression of hurt on his face.

"Of course, Noah is so much better than you," I admitted with a mischevious smile. Blake reached over with a glint in his eyes and I knew I had to escape his hands but I was too late.

The room was filled with the sounds of my laughter as he tickled me and I gasped for air. Man, I hadn't laughed in such a long time, it kinda felt good.

"Noahhhh, help meee," I squealed but my pleas fell on deaf ears. I turned slightly to see Noah videoing this interaction with a look of amusement and I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. That just got a chuckle from him as he watched us yet made no move to stop the demonic child that was causing me to laugh till my sides ached.