I became a Game Character!

(Y/N) (L/N), is a shut-in otaku and gamer. He was leading a good and healthy lifestyle, until last year when his parents died in a car accident.

Because of his parent's deaths he became depressed and began to stay at home all day long, barely going outside unless he needs something.

Moreover, to get his thoughts away from such things, he started watching anime and reading various types of manga. His parent's left him with a lot of money, enough for him to live 2 years without problems. While reading manga and watching anime, next was when he found out about mmorpgs through manga.

And so, just like that, he became a gamer.

Most of his day would be spent sitting on his desk in his room eating ramen while playing games. When he wasn't playing games, he was reading manga or sleeping.

Today was also a day like that, when he was just playing another game that had gotten really popular recently, called 'Immortal Heroes'. A game with a fantasy world setting with the everyday generic things that a typical isekai manga has. Demon lords, Elves, Kingdoms, Adventurers, Monsters, Dungeons, You name it. The actual lore was based on the premise of immortal heroes that can resurrect are sent to the world by the goddess of creation to live in that world. The Heroes have infinite potential hence, they were selected by the goddess but during transport they are cursed by the goddess of destruction to be able to resurrect no matter how many times they are killed.

Now, that for the players would be standard stuff but the NPC's think it's a very sad thing because the 'Heroes' would eventually outlive all of their loved ones.

The game itself was pretty cliche but it's popularity came from it's unique leveling system, skill system and magic system. Heck, it even had it's own unique setup solely for resistances. Not to mention there was also an implemented system where players could make custom skills in exchange for real life money which made the game all the more successful. The creator of the game, whose name I forgot, also made sure to have occasional events and updates.

There was also the fact that the world of the game itself was very large and there were also all types of theories on various subjects in game on the internet. (Which the creator never really confirmed or denied making the theorists go crazy)

It was a really great game which made him very very immersed in plating it and sometimes he would play for the entire day without stopping. And today was also one of those days. He had been playing for 2 days straight without any kind of sleep or rest. All he had eaten was ramen, and his head was starting to hurt from constantly staring at the scene for all that time.

(Y/N) POV~

Man leveling up in game is such an addicting feeling. I love this game. Increasing my stats and getting new skills and then leveling them up as well is just a great feeling.

"Maybe I should rest now... Nah, I'll level up a bit more." I said trying to shake off the pain in my head. Well, I guess the pain is to be expected. After all, I've been playing for 2 days straight.

Right now, I was fighting a level 256 boss called 'Red hood Cobra' who  only had about 30 percent of his HP left. I was level 238. Now normally in most games I would not be able to face such a monster alone, not to mention a boss.

But in the world of 'Immortal Heroes' this was possible because of the wide variety of skills and magic you can obtain and level them up.

There are also various hidden stats you could unlock, overpowered equipment and the some skills were so absurd to the point that they reduced the level differences of more than 100 levels to practically nothing.