Back to the Capital

Aletio POV~

It's been a month since the mabeast incident. At least, according to earth's standards. This world only has 4 months, with 360 days in a year. Meaning 90 days in a single month, which is 3 times compared to earth's one month time period.

Today was supposedly another normal day with me doing my normal routine of doing my daily quest, and completing the work assigned to me. I wasn't training today and was just fooling around, talking to Ram... Not exactly, as she really made me do all her work. But I didn't really mind.

And while I was talking to Ram, a carriage arrived.

"I have to greet our guests now. Go look for Barusu and make sure he doesn't embarrass Roswaal-sama." Ram said.

"Got it." I say as I walk towards the carriage.

I walked down towards the carriage after Ram led the guests inside and I see Subaru talking to a man wearing a butler uniform.

I could tell that the person was strong. His aura almost felt like a sword. It could tell he was very proficient in swordsmanship and had a lot of experience in fighting.

'His presence is strong. I hope Subaru doesn't piss him off. Although he's gotten a lot stronger I don't think he would last even a second against him.'

As you reached the carriage the old man noticed you.

"Greetings. Do you work here too? Your attire seems different from the other residents." He said with a slight bow.

"Ah yes. My attire may be different but I do work here. I hope this guy here isn't causing you any trouble, is he?"

"Not at all. Quite the opposite in fact. He's been quite pleasant to talk to. He even served us both tea."

I sighed in relief at his words. Roswaal informed us that due to Emilia's position as a royal candidate, we may have some guests to talk about the royal selection. It would be quite troublesome if Subaru were to offend someone like that. Not to mention the aura the old man has around him.

"See? I don't always cause trouble like you think I do." Subaru said while sipping on his cup of tea.

"...Isn't that.. the expensive tea?"

"Yeah?"

"...Don't come to me for protection if Ram does anything to you." I said

Subaru shuddered a little thinking about how expensive the tea is. He's gonna have a bad day if Ram finds out. That's for sure.

"Well, I guess I should leave you two alone now. I have some business to attend to. Please excuse me." I say as I walk back inside.

When I was walking away, I saw a cat girl in a blue dress walking towards the carriage where Subaru and the old man were.

'Wait a second... That ain't a girl. That a guy! What the f*ck!' I thought as I realize he was a boy. How did I realize he was a boy?

Instinct.

As I was walking inside the mansion I was greeted by Ram.

"Aletio. Roswaal-sama would like to talk to you."

"Talk to me? For what?"

"I don't know. Just follow me."

"Alright." I said

We walked for a bit before we finally reached his office.

The two of us entered the office as Roswaal spoke up.

"It's good to see you again Aletio-kun~ I'm sure you're wondering why I've called you here. So, I'll get straight to the point."

You nodded as a sign for Roswaal to continue.