Tough Times(2)

Aletio POV~~

It's been 3 days since Emilia and Roswaal went back.

And they left me and Subaru at Karsten household with Rem to accompany us. This was because Subaru said some sh*t to Emilia and she decided that it would be better to not take any more favours from us. So as compensation, she left Subaru here at Karsten domain to heal broken [Mana Core].

As for me.. for some reason she decided that it would be a good idea to make me a knight. So she talked to Anastasia Hoshin's knight, Julius and asked him to train me to become a knight.

Sigh*

Well, since I didn't see any merit in refusing so I accepted. Ken was also here. While he didn't seem as enthusiastic as he was before, he said that he would still follow me. He said it was because his instincts told him to and he never doubts his instincts.

Julius and Wilhelm came a day ago and took me and Subaru to their respective mansions.

Rem went with Subaru and Ken was with me. And with that, my knight training was about to begin today.

Right now, I was just doing my daily quest while Ken was swing a normal steel sword beside me.

After finishing my quest, I accepted the two stat points but not the complete status recovery. I sat down on the grass for some time watching Ken swinging his sword in a way that seemed tranquil. Almost like the still surface of a lake. He was swinging his sword like it was flowing, without any sharp turns and in a constant motion.

While I was observing Ken's swordsmanship practice, Julius, who had just left the mansion, approached us from the side. I stood up and greeted him with a handshake.

"Good morning Julius." I said with a smile on my face.

"Good morning to you too, Aletio." Julius said with a gentle smile. He then looked towards Ken who was still swinging his sword, not minding anything happening around him.

"It's quite beautiful isn't it? The way he swings his sword." He said without taking his eyes off of Ken.

"Hmm. Can't really argue with that." I said truthfully. The way he swung his sword was something to look at. I was sure even experienced swordsmen would find it hard, NOT to compliment his swordsmanship.

I then take a look towards the blue sky, filled with clouds.

'I wonder if Subaru's alright... He's probably fine... Probably...' I thought before I was broken out of my thoughts by Julius.

"Well then Aletio, we will be starting your knight training from today." Julius said while looking towards me.

"Alright then! Lets start!" I said while grabbing my left shoulder and twisting my arm in a circular motion.

"Very well then. But before we begin, I would like to spar with you. To have a better understanding of your strength."

"Ok" I said.

"Then let's get into position."

With that he handed me a steel sword and we both moved some distance away from each other. Julius also got Ken to move out of the way.

Once we were both in position, which was about a distance of 20 meters away from each other, we both took our stances. Julius was standing with his sword drawn, holding it in one hand while the other hand was folded behind his back. (A/N: I don't know about any swordsmanship stances, but this just looked good in my head)

While for me, I was just standing there... Menacingly. With the tip of my sword pointing down and my body completely relaxed. Although the way I stood makes me seem like I was an overconfident Chinese young master that doesn't know sh*t about swordsmanship, any experienced warrior would say otherwise.