Trouble, more trouble and even more trouble

Aletio POV~

Subaru walked into the building while we waited for his signal. But the signal never came. Instead, we heard Subaru's grunts and a loud THUD.

'Oh shit. Something's gone wrong.'

Satella didn't even think about what could have happened and if it was dangerous or not and stormed inside. So, I followed her.

When she opened the door, the sight that I witnessed shocked me to my core. There was blood on the ground. Subaru was lying on the hard wooden floor bleeding from his stomach area.

In the distance there was also a giant man and a little girl, that matched the exact description that Subaru gave me, were also lying down on the ground, dead. I should be puking right now but I didn't because of the passive effect of [Above the Average(SSS)] which allowed me to stay calm in even the worst situations.

Satella didn't even take notice of them as she ran towards Subaru to help him. I was about to stop her. After all, whoever was the one that attacked them should still be here.

But I was a bit too late. After taking a few steps she also fell down on the ground.

I was shocked to see this sight and also very scared.

Then all of a sudden, a shiver went down my spine as my instincts warned me of incoming danger...

I lifted my hand up to my face, to protect myself, only to find a curved dagger cm away from my face, piercing my hand.

'Holy shit! What the hell! This hurts!'

[You have acquired D rank passive skill Instinct]

[Instinct has leveled up!]

[Instinct Lvl: 1 has become Instinct Lvl: 2]

I didn't have any time to check through my new skill neither did I have any time to dwell on the pain that the dagger was causing me. For I had more urgent matters at hand.

[<!>Quest Alert<!>

Quest Type: Emergency Quest

Survive:

Goals

An assassin has targeted you. The assassin's aim is no witnesses. Survive and ensure your Safety

Failure Penalty: None]

'Shit!'

"My! This day just seems to get better and better. So many juicy preys are walking right to me." I heard a feminine voice in the darkness. I could vaguely guess where they are thanks to my Perception and [Instinct(D)].

"Who are you and what do you want?" I say while taking out the dagger lodged into my hand and looking at Subaru and Satella's body with worry also checking my status for lost HP. Seems like the dagger did 6 damage.

'Damn! They're gonna die if they don't get any medical attention.' I think while looking at Subaru and Satella. I wasn't worried about the injury on my hand as it would heal in a minute with my regeneration rate.

"Hmm? Who am I? That's for you to find out. As for what I'm here for.... It's to disembowel everyone here."

Then a women who had black hair and wore a rather revealing outfit jumped out of the shadows and tried to slash me with the same type of curved dagger I was hit with earlier. I barely even saw her move as she was already in front of me ready to attack.

However, thanks to my instincts and agility, I was able to react properly and deflect the dagger with my own.

Clang!