The beast of the End

In an expansive grassland which seemed to shine in the brilliant light of the morning sun, two figures that seemed exceedingly small compared to the area could be seen. Both of the figures seemed to be moving at speeds that would normally be impossible for humans to reach. The giant grasslands which seemed so expansive that one would call them endless were traversed by these figures in mere moments.

These figures were Aletio and Ken. They were both moving towards the Mathers Domain which was in deep trouble. They could tell by their instincts. If anyone asked about what they trusted most in the world, their answer would be their instincts. They had been saved countless times in the face of danger and potential death because they had absolute trust in their ability to sense danger. And right now, their instincts were telling them that there was an unbearably powerful foe in the direction that they were heading.

The closer they got to the Mathers Domain the more that dangerous feeling seemed to swell. Suddenly, the thought of running away seemed ever so tantalizing.

As they continued to make their way towards the small patch of forest in front of them, the area where the Mathers domain was located, the morning sun no longer seemed to shine upon them. The slightly yellowish glow of dawn was hidden by the dark clouds which blocked all light.

The air itself seemed to get heavier. They could tell. They both had the [Breathing] skill after all.

As the uneasiness within them continued to grow, they accelerated even more. The air which was merely a gentle breeze until now, was transformed into hurricane winds. The cold was getting almost unbearable as they advanced and they could tell that the mana from the surroundings was being siphoned by something. It began raining. No. It wasn't raining but rather snowing. The hurricane like winds blew the snowflakes around making it a complete snow storm.

'Don't tell me... Puck...' Aletio had an idea about what might have happened but he did not dare voice it out. As they made their way towards the village they began noticing frozen trees. Although they were not many to begin with, they seemed to get more frequent as they both went on.

 In just about 5 minutes they were already in front of the Irlam village. Except it wasn't there.

All there remained were sculptures of ice. The houses, the people... the children..

Aletio gritted his teeth as he looked at the children. Ken who stood beside him was also deeply shocked upon seeing this sight.

We both looked towards the mansion. On the top of the mansion was a giant beast with bright glowing eyes, and looked upon them with malice. No, calling it malice would not be accurate. Although the gaze seemed to contain killing intent, it also had indifference.

"Puck..." Aletio called out softly.

"My lord, you know that spirit?" Ken asked me. As they owner of the legendary sword [Morgan], it would be strange if he could not tell that Puck was a spirit.

"Yes. But now is not the time to be greeting him." Aletio said while taking out blood red daggers that seemed to emanate power "Right now... I need some questions answered and a beast slaughtered."

Words could not describe the pure rage and wrath Aletio was feeling. While he had always behaved in a easygoing way and did not seem to care too much about what happened around them, I did not mean he actually felt that way. He had grown to be deeply attached to the people of the village. The nice granny, the people who wanted to learn swords fighting , the children that told him about their future dreams.

But now, all of them had died.

And the reason was in front of them.

Ken looked towards the beast, but this time, he also noticed two figures that were flying towards them.