Finally Over.

Aletio POV~

We were now running long the forest floor. I and Subaru were running while carrying Ram and Rem our backs.

I was running ahead because I could sense if there were any mabeasts nearby and I've gotta say.

We're completely surrounded.

Meh. If worse comes to worst I'll just tell them to run while I burn down the entire forest.

While we were running Ram called out to me.

"Aletio?"

"Yeah?"

"Where did you learn how to do that?"

"Do what exactly?"

"I mean fight like that. Your magic and swordsmanship are really powerful. You should have learned them from somewhere."

"...Actually, all of my sword skills are just self taught, and mainly propelled by instinct. And to answer how I could use such destructive magic...it was actually my first time using it..."

"....Do you really think I'm gonna fall for that?" Ram asks me with voice full of doubt.

"It's true though. That really was the first time I used magic and my swordsmanship is also self taught."

"...I see." Ram said as she went quiet. I could feel that she didn't believe that but there's nothing I can really do to prove it.

While all this happened, Rem also woke up.

"....Subaru-kun...? Aletio-Kun..? What....?" Rem said.

"Oh. You finally awake huh?" I say

"You awake, Rem?" said Subaru

"Thank goodness Rem. You really are a handful." said Ram

Then I notice that we were surrounded. A mabeast leaps at us but I just cut it apart like butter with my sword.

___________________

We were all hiding in the bushes. Everyone was breathing heavily and was extremely exhausted. Well, except for me of course.

I mean my fatigue is pretty high right now. But that doesn't mean I'm exhausted. Well, it kinds does, but this is still not enough to have an effect on my body. I mean, almost doubling in all stats had a pretty great effect. I feel like I can fight for an entire day without rest even though we have been running for a few hours already.

While I was thinking that Rem turned to me and said,"why...? Why didn't you just leave me alone? For you, Sister and Subaru to show up... It makes it all pointless. I have to do this by myself. No one needs to get hurt anymore..."

I look at her,"Too late to say that. We're already here now." I said.

Rem just looked down without saying anything.

While we waited for the coast to clear I take a look at all the notifications I got.

[You have gained experience]

...

[You have gained experience]

[You have leveled up]