Detective Aletio! On the Case!

Aletio POV~

With Subaru dying and time being reset, we had no choice but to do the things we had already done. Which was asking to work here.

We were now sitting in the dining room. Roswaal had already arrived and Subaru didn't make a fool of himself by calling him a clown. We ate the food and complemented Rem.

Then Roswaal again told us that we could request anything.

"Then hire us to work here!" Subaru said

"And also provide me some time to train please." I added.

Then there was silence on the table again.

"Hic*" Which was once again broken by Ram.

'Guess some things won't change.'

After eating the two maids again took us to get our uniforms.

Which ended in me getting the same clothes I got previously and Rem measuring Subaru making him make those weird noises again.

'God, help this guy.'

After that we were given the tour to the mansion.

Though, this time we didn't catch Beatrice cuddling with Puck.

After that Ram told us to rest for the day and that we would start working from tomorrow.

I went outside and did my daily quest while thinking about what could have caused Subaru's death.

'I can rule Emilia and Puck out. Beatrice also doesn't look like someone who would kill Subaru for no reason. Roswaal... Well, that guy does give me weird vibes and my instincts are always telling me to be wary of him. But if he really wanted to, he really could have killed us both. He doesn't need us to be asleep, to be able to kill us. He did say he's the greatest magic user in the country. So I doubt he do something like kill Subaru in his sleep... And then there's the two twins. To be honest, I don't really know if they were the ones to kill Subaru. My instincts are telling me no. But then again, I can't ignore the killing intent Rem directed towards me and Subaru. Ram would also sometimes observe me while I trained... AHHH! So many variables!'

I completed the daily quest and accepted both the rewards.

My skills have been leveling up great and I could get stats from the daily quest. All I needed was time, in order to get stronger than anything else in the world.

(A/N: Also, I kinda forgot to mention this but [Running(D)] has been leveling up due to his 10 km run everyday. It has now reached [Running(C)] which provides a 20% increase in speed while running without the consumption of mana . To be honest I completely forgot this skill even existed until I was reading the first couple of chapters.)

I walked back inside and thought that I should go to Beatrice to ask if there are any kinds of magic that can kill a person in his sleep. And while I'm at it, I could also read some books about the power system of this world.

With that thought, I headed to meet the little? drill-haired loli.

I did exactly what I did in the previous loop. I walked around the mansion until I found the door.

I opened the door and there she was, sitting on her chair. I thought she would still be playing around with puck.

"Hello, Beatrice."

"What do you want I suppose."

"I was wondering if I could read some books here and ask some questions."

"And why would you want to do that I suppose."

"Just to increase my knowledge."

She looked at me with a blank expression for a moment, before sighing and saying,"Betty accepts I suppose. But you're gonna have to give me your mana as compensation I suppose."