Immortal Heroes Lore: Ch 2

CH: 2 Ella, the original Witch.

In the continent of Elenoir, kingdom of Lesqwing in a small village.

There was a teenage girl lying in the forest. She looked very beaten up as could be seen from the fact that she was lying in her own pool of blood. Her face was badly bruised and she was wearing rags for clothes.

She had scars on her arms and it looked like she was having trouble breathing.

The name of the little girl was 'Ella'. Someone who was branded by the villagers as a 'Witch'. Why?

Because she had extremely high amount of mana. Because of a special condition she had, she would passively release all of her mana into her surroundings. Which was not good for most people. She had caused more than a 100 deaths ever since she started living in the village. Because of that the villagers would often beat her up.

Even the guards did nothing about that. Sometimes they would even join them to beat her up. This was because she had already been kicked out of several villages before this.

Her mother died when she was born, father died when she was 5 years old. The aunt that took her in, died 2 years later. At one point, she had even tried going to the capital to find a cure for this. But she was rejected entry when they found out about her conditions. This caused her to grow up without feeling any kind of love and warmth and was subjected to the harsh world before she could even grow up properly.

Today...

A member of the village had died due to mana poisoning so the relatives had beaten her up to the point of death and left her in the forest.

She regretted it.

She regretted ever coming here.

She should have gone some place far away and lived in isolation.

She regretted everything she did in her life.

She regretted the fact that her body condition killed everyone she came into contact with.

She regretted the fact that her father's love was wasted on someone who was the cause of his death.

She regretted ever being born.

But none of that would mater anymore.

She was going to die. There was no way she was going to survive now.

Maybe, it's really best that she died.

Her being alive would only kill more and more people.

Everyday she was insulted by everyone around her.

"Witch!"

"Go away! Let us live in peace!"

"Why won't you just die?! Are you really so shameless?!"

"Someone like you shouldn't have been born."

"Your mere existence is a threat to the lives of the common people!"

"Will you be satisfied after everyone is dead?!"

"You killed you mother by being born. Killed you father by living and now you'll kill everyone else!"

She remembered everything. All the insults she had received. All the beatings she had suffered through. All her life which was mostly negative memories was flashing before her eyes.

She didn't even have any positive memories.

She was just a curse to everyone around her.

The only thing she remembered which was close to a positive memory was playing with some rabbits and other small animals occasionally.