Chapter 70 Awkward Stares

Samson raced back home; a new flame lit within him at this beautiful discovery. He ran up an incline and jumped over a giant bolder, twisting in midair, then landed on his feet, a wide grin stretched on his face. Samson was revitalized, this wave of new emotions was pumping into his veins, and he loved the electricity it sparked within him. He carried on into the forest, following the path leading back to the village.

》》》》》

Samson slipped the door shut quietly, heart still pounding. He bit his bottom lip, closing his eyes to relive even the tiniest moments he shared with Leeland. Just the image of the young Wolf's flustered cheeks made his heart flutter. Samson ran his fingers through his hair, "damn." He chuckled, drunk off of what he had just done in the woods with that adorable Wolf. He buried his face in his palms, groaning when he saw the arousing look Leeland expressed when he came. His cock throbbed, a low growl leaving his throat, "fuck."

"Who was it?"

Samson's head flew up to meet glowing emerald eyes in the house's darkness. "Misha, what are you doing up?"

"No, don't you dare ask me that. Where did you come from at this ungodly hour, with that type of moon out?" Misha asked, folding his arms as he stepped into the moonlight from the high window above the front door.

"That is none of your business," Samson said monotonously, staring down his younger brother.

"It is my business! If you get hurt or killed, then your duties as eldest fall onto me," He growled, biting out each word, "Look, Sam," he sighed, "I'm fine with you wanting to have your fun. But don't lie to me. Don't fuck around! Mother and father are counting on us-"

"And have I let them down!?" Samson snapped, irritated now that his brother was being difficult when no harm had come from his outing.

"The shop was attacked mere days ago! You know better than anyone how rogues are! You're supposed to protect mom and Marissa!" Misha yelled, growing tired of Sam's attitude.

Samson clenched his jaw, but his brother was right. "Quit screaming before you wake them. Mom doesn't need to lose sleep over a petty argument."

Misha sighed, shaking his head. "And where were you? You reek of another's Wolf's pheromones. There aren't many Werewolves in the countryside." He folded his arms in wait, seeing the vein twitch at his brother's temple.

Samson was pissed that this nonsense had ruined his good mood. He wished he had just stayed out for the night. "I was with that rogue Wolf that lives with Adam. I think he might be the key to reviving a dormant Werewolf gene." Samson said, standing back to fold his arms.

"You like him, don't you?" Misha smirked. He couldn't make sense of his brother's choices.

"Shut up. Not everything is about-"

"You reek of sex. Or did you not hear when I said that?" Misha asked, pausing. His scrutinizing his brother, "wait," He stepped closer and leaned in to sniff him.

Samson rose a brow and leaned back, then gasped when his younger brother's eyes shun green again, but this time his pupils were dilated.

"Omega." Misha gasped, stumbling back at what this could all mean.

The blood drained from his face slightly, "how did you...?" Samson trailed off, "don't say anything."

"But... male Omegas are extinct." Misha, couldn't believe what he was smelling, this scent was so foreign, yet it was also familiar enough that he nearly felt a connection to it. "What the fuck is going on, Samson?" The older one shrugged.

"I haven't any explainable findings, but it starts with a Leeland," Samson said. Misha snickered disbelievingly.

"You're attracted to him, and no, I don't believe that he's simply a means to reviving a lost gene. He's someone you could finally call a-"

"Don't!" Samson ground out, shoving Misha away, but the younger one simply smirked.

"You can only lie to yourself for so long, Sam. By the way, his pheromones are quite strong. I can especially smell it on your breath. Maybe try to breed him next time, hmm?"

Samson's eyes widened, and he snapped, baring his canines at Misha, who matched his fire in a split second! "Don't ever disrespect him like that!"

"Ha, this coming from the same guy Marissa said scared her friend away," Misha smirked, "you smell like him... you fucked him, didn't you?"

Samson lost it. He charged his brother at lightning speed, catching his throat. Samson lifted Misha off his feet and slammed him into the floorboards, hearing splintering cracks The younger Wolf gasped as the air was knocked out of his lungs.

Misha choked as his brother growled from above him, eyes a murderous crimson. "S-stop!" He fumbled to fight him back but then the sharp press of claws at his throat brought tears to his eyes. He didn't... he didn't want to die. He had never seen his brother so defensive before. He crossed a boundary he didn't mean to. "Sam... s," Misha's fighting slowed as his vision blurred.

A sharp blast of wind knocked Samson off the younger Wolf, throwing him towards the opposite wall. He yelped, groaning before finding his bearings, and turned to snap at who had attacked him. He paused, stunned. Saoirse Duncan stood before her son.

Samson whimpered, his mother's eyes were glowing a bright magenta, as she held a sparkling orb that matched her eyes in front of her person. He had never seen his mother so threatening before.

"Calm down," Saoirse said.

Their mother's voice sent a chill down their spines and they both nodded even though she had spoken to Misha's older brother and not him.

"Samson... you've found a mate?" Saoirse asked. He gulped and didn't reply. "I smell it on you. Lying to your mother isn't a good practice young man."

Samson scratched the back of his neck as he was being scolded, reverting to normal as he nodded obediently. "I... I did."

"Hmm, to bed. We'll deal with this in the morning. I won't want to wake your father, he's had a busy day. March." She grounded out, they didn't waste time as they rushed past her, and only then did she release her magic. Saoirse sighed, tucking back the few tendrils of strawberry blonde curls that had fallen over her eyes. "These boys..." she rose a hand and fixed the damaged furniture, placing things back in order before she headed back to bed. Finnigan was finally asleep after worrying himself over the attack, and now her eldest sons were fighting. This was all becoming too much. She pushed open her bedroom door, then slipped out shut as she crawled back to bed next to her husband. She snuggled to his side, feeling him groan and turn to pull her closer.

"Did they break anything?" Finnigan asked.

"No, my love. Go back to sleep." She patted the back of his hand on her waist and yawned.

"Alright me Luv," Finnigan grumbled, letting sleep take hold of him once more.