Chapter 8 Home for the lonely

Lexander and the young wolf reached the cabin in enough time, sadly the hunter was unconscious and he had to be rushed inside to be tended to promptly. He set him on the couch, then rushed to the back of the house to the bathroom to retrieve bandages and alcohol, he shed the hunter of his jacket and lifted the hunters blouse as he poured alcohol to his wound to help from getting it infected and set the gauges to the long gash at his side. He looked up to the ceiling and begged forgiveness at what he wants about to do next. He bit into his wrist and dripped some of his blood into the wound of the hunter. "Isn't that a bad thing to do?" a young voice said. Lexander glanced up to see the nude teenage wolf standing before him with a deep brown gaze looking him over.

"What the hunter doesn't know won't hurt him... Besides, it's not enough to turn him. Just enough to heal him quicker." He wrapped him in the bandages and then lifted him off the couch and into his bed before turning back to the young pup. "So... dinner? And how about some briefs, you must be cold." he nodded once as he walked away to get the child some pants.

The pair sat at the small dining table that sat two, as the Vampire observed the young pup stuffing his face quite rapidly with the stew he made. "Hmm, quite an appetite. What, you didn't feed while you were in wolf form?" the boy shook his head.

"No, only a few small animals. Rabbit, baby deer, whatever I could catch really." He said once he swallowed his supper.

"A hearty appetite for such a young wolf. You must have been craving a proper meal." The wolf didn't say anything. Lexander narrowed his eyes. "So, why were you all alone? You seemed real angered by the hunter earlier. Why?" he didn't answer, instead he licked his spoon clean and casted his gaze down. The Vampire didn't let up. "A young pup like you is never left alone on nights like these. Where is your pack?"

He growled, his eyes turning a brilliant gold. What he didn't say in words were what his face said in its expression. "That hunter and his mates slaughtered them and those that aren't dead are far from me. I'm too weak to venture out by myself to follow after their trail." he opened his fist to see the wooden spoon splintered in half and sighed. "Happy now?"

"No, I'm sorry for your hardship and loss." the room stayed quiet for a while as both beings sat there in their thoughts.

"Do you owe this hunter some debt? Or is he hung up on something?" The wolf asked.

"Gosh no. He saved my life the other night. I was bitten by a rouge wolf and he helped me heal."

"You fed from him? And he still lives? Why are you still here in his cabin then?"

"It's a complicated matter... but I have no where to go, not really. I could travel back to my country but, I rather it here. The hunter is quite kindhearted and..." he left his words to trail off and the young pup caught on.

"You've found yourself smitten haven't you?" he chuckled. "He is good to look at, but do you really believe a hunter shall take you as his lover? A creature of the night with a bloody past and an appetite for human blood? It'll get tiresome and he'll get bored with you... Humans do not last forever Vampire... You and I both know that."

"Yes, well. For now, I shall enjoy this moment life has given me with him. So what shall I call you?"

"Leeland Bex and you Vampire?"

He snickered. "Cheeky, aren't you. Lexander De Lorette."

"I've heard of your odd family from my elders."

"Yes, yes, it was a long time ago. Most of mine are not with us anymore." His tone was somber and Leeland nodded in understanding.

"Same would be said about mine." The two exchanged a look of acknowledgement that made them sigh. "Death is a vile predator isn't it?"

Lexander said. "Very, and even though you've lived right, it still catches up to you." The silence stretched on as neither man spoke. Leeland was the one who broke the silence hanging over their heads like a reminder. "How was it... the grasps of Death... How did it feel to get caught, and then another chance at living?"

A bitter chuckle left his mouth. "It felt like I was burning with fires that wouldn't let me breathe. It was suffocating... and to come back from that, it was frightening, but fearing Death now is a task, so I live for the day, for I know not of what tomorrow may bring. You should live your life to the fullest before it runs out on you, Leeland."

The young Wolf hummed as he picked at the bits of the broken spoon. A grunt came from the bedroom making both the Vampire and the Wolf look up to see a groggy Adam moving towards the living area.

"You shouldn't be awake. Rest yourself hunter, you were badly injured."

He shook his head as he looked around about his home to see a large pot with food and the empty bowls on the table where his guest were sitting. "You cooked?"

"Yes, I thought it would be a nice way to thank you for all that you've done." Adam blinked and then saw Lexander at the stove with a bowl in hand as he poured some steaming stew into it. "For you." he walked over to the table and set it down where he had been sitting.

The hunter stumbled forward, to which Lexander appeared at his side and helped him. "I do not need your help Lexander. I've managed worse injuries before."

"Yes, but now you have help, I expect you to be as grateful as I was and accept it without protest."

He narrowed his brown eyes at the Vampire to which Lexander rolled his own.

"You really are a cold blooded creature." He muttered. Lexander burst with laughter, wiping a tear away as he looked down at Adam.

"You, will never not make me laugh at the words you spew so boldly from your lips, Adam." He moved fast, carrying the hunter over to the table and setting him in the chair before he stood behind the young pup's chair. "This young man here is Leeland, the Werewolf's human form. Leeland, greet the nice hunter."

"Adam... as in Adam Doxly, the hunter to fear..." he took a second before he spoke again, "Thank you for showing me mercy back at the empty den... I smelt the gunpowder from your pistol, but you didn't shoot me. Thank you."

Adam was surprised, he had never formally met a Werewolf who wasn't intending on killing him or threatening him before. He nodded and fixed his eyes on the stew before him. He lifted up his gaze to the young face of the wolf. His dark hair having grown out as it dusted over his brown eyes. "Your welcome... I didn't think it would be humane to kill you when you didn't look to be harming anyone. I hope you are alright."

"You and your mates killed members of my pack... I'm more or less furious, but I know you are not the one who killed them." He arched a brow along with Lexander in question. Leeland continued. "I saw who killed my members. You killed the ones that were rouge and more vicious—the ones that were careless in our pack, that hurt the humans." He carried his gaze over to Adam and his jaw visibly hardened. "You might be a hunter, but you're only guilty of killing those who hurt your kind. I understand that. Again, thank you for your mercy." He stood from the chair. "I best be leaving before I become a nuance to you. Lexander," he said looking to the Vampire. "Thank you for the kindness, and hunter, for sparing my life."

Adam took in his attire and saw that he wore a loose fitted pants tied with rope around the waist and no shoes or a blouse. He sighed and he was probably going to regret this. "You may stay until you gather yourself enough to be on your own." Those words shocked the wolf and the Vampire as both men watched the hunter that many creatures feared.