Chapter 17 A warm bed for the night

Lexander didn't go back to the cabin immediately after his chat with the wolf, instead, he wandered about carefully through the darkness. He hadn't expected to find himself in such a situation but here he was, he and the hunter and the boy. He should leave before he brought any more trouble to the man whose embrace warmed him. The very man that made him question his purpose for doing what he did. "Bloody hell Adam... I think I'm infatuated with you."

He let out a puff of frozen breath in the cold night. He was out of his sensible mind if he thought that they even had a chance. He jumped to the next tree, finally deciding to head back to the cabin to rest.

Below the heights of the tall trees stalked a future danger that would soon bring chaos to the villagers.

~ ~ ~

Adam hadn't shut his eyes not a wink, instead, he sat on his bed reading the book that Lexander had begun when he flipped a page. He licked his dry lips then addressed the Vampire. "I am a hunter Lex, I know when you're there."

"You only know of my presence when I allow you to." He said stepping into the room and folding his arms over his chest.

Adam flipped a page. "I disagree. But let's just leave it at that."

"So, where in Romania did you come from?" Lexander arched a brow and Adam explained further. "Your exclamations during sex were Romanian. I know it but to an extent. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, it is your business." Lexander did not answer, instead, he kicked off his boots and dropped his jacket to the floor. "Read to me, will you?"

Adam didn't say anything, but he shifted to the right and lifted the sheets for him. Lexander moved forward and got into bed next to him. He rested his head on Adam's shoulder and hummed against his soft heartbeat. "Stay with me," Adam said.

Lexander looked up at him and their eyes locked for a second too long then he nodded. "Okay." He leaned back against Adam's warmth and said a silent thanks. Adam smiled to himself then began reading out loud.

~ ~ ~

Leeland sat by the fire, with a dagger among the pile of logwood as he craved out figurines of wolves, specifically his Mother and Father, and his brothers and sisters. To say that he was homesick would be an understatement. He was out of place, and out of luck. He yearned to be home in his own bed, with his family, to see them and hug them... He was a lost pup that got tangled with the wrong crowd and now he was all alone. He looked to Adam's bedroom door and heard his soft deep voice reading to Lexander. He stood up after he craved his last wolf and walked to the door... He stood there hesitating until a voice spoke out. "You may enter, we're decent." He chuckled, Lexander. Of course. He pushed the door open and saw the men lying together. "You may join us... Unless you're not comfortable with this setting."

"I'm a Werewolf. We sleep huddled up together for heat. I'm not intruding, am I?" Lexander looked to Adam and Adam shook his head.

"Come join us Leeland." The young wolf came into the room and slipped into the bed on the opposite side of Adam as the men moved over for him. "The warmth you emit is wonderful Leeland," Adam said as the cool room became slightly toastier.

He smiled. "It's a Werewolf thing." Adam nodded once and continued reading. The Vampire, Hunter, and Werewolf lied snug under the wool blanket as the night grew darker and their warmth spread throughout the room until the candle melted down and their eyes slipped shut and the sun began to peek out from the horizon.