Chapter 54 For Asha

A/N: So

A/N: So... the chapter name changed, and dinner is gonna be late as fuck haha. This will be short *hides away from readers* Merry belated Christmas sweethearts and Happy Early New-Years

The evening was high, and the darkness had blanketed the surrounding forest, Kate had been guided down the hallway back to the dinning room after his conversation with Valo and Yoli, the two Witches strolled at either side of him as they conversed over simple matters pertaining to his unfortunate stay at their unusual manor.

“So… was there any risk of me being killed when you all found out that I was a hunter?” Valo and Yoli exchanged a look.

“Possibly.” Was their unison response.

"Well... that's refreshingly frightening." The Witches chuckled much to Kate's chargin, but Valo's eyes caught the displeasure marked on the hunter's face and moved closer to him, then slipped a hand into his own. He visibly shivered and snapped his head towards their direction. "You're safe here." They confirmed.

His blue eyes met the soft brown eyes of Valo and they smiled, squeezing his hand and forearm gently. He nodded, feeling less unsettled, but only by a small margin since he had only met just a few of the Witches residing here.

Yoli smiled from the left hand side of Kate at how well Valo was warming up to Kate, it was quite out of character for them, but she was pleased that they were being... open and willing to let Kate close.

A rushing of footfall stomping down the hallway alerted the Witches to which Valo pulled, and Yoli pushed Kate out of the way as three of the other Witches that he met earlier barged through in a panic. “What the fuck?” Kate panted, his heart halfway into his throat. Valo's eye had darkened as they searched for where they were headed and then they gasped. "Asha! Yoli..." Their eyes met from either side of Kate with Yoli's deep brown eyes pleading with Valo's eye.

Valo glared at her.

"Please, Val."

The older Witch exhaled heavily, then rolled their eye and nodded. They let go of Kate's arm and then rose a hand, pointing towards the opposite wall, their slender fingers made a circular movement and then a spark of blackness began taking form, Valo glanced over her shoulder at Kate, "don't freak out, k," Kate opened his mouth to speak but then there was a large burst of brilliance and the black orbit grew out and up and bore a blank window. Black miasma began seeping from Valo's concealed eye as they searched for the correct room. "Right there!" Yoli cried out as she yanked Kate forward and Valo stopped at the medical wing. Yoli caught their hand and pulled the other parties forward. "Deep breaths!" She announced over her shoulder before they began to rush into the portal.

》》》》》

The end of the portal opened and appeared inside the room of Asha's room in the medical wing where Gaxin, Reedley and Taka. The three busying themselves, Gaxin and Reedley buzzing about the room as Taka stood over a levitating Asha where he was performing a healing ritual over her.