Chapter 62 A Trio of Company

Song: Don't hurt yourself by Beyoncé

A/N: semi-short update

Bisca busied herself with the dishes while Ezor stored the food away. The cousins worked in silence. Leeland was assisting Rylyn and Louis with clearing the table as the others gathered themselves up.

Dinner had been a success, and that was all Bisca had wished it would be because the hours of cooking were too much for her food not to be enjoyed. She even prepared food suited ideally for Vampires and Werewolves. She chuckled, pleased with herself.

"I take it from your soft giggling that it was to your liking, Bis?" Ezor asked.

She glanced over at him and nodded. "Definitely was. If it weren't, do you seriously think everyone would still be alive?"

He laughed out loud and shook his head. "I fear not. You'd have them choke down each bite for fear of your wrath. But thankfully, your cooking was delicious."

"Yeah, mother would have been so proud." She said, her hands slowing as she scrubbed. Ezor set down the clean pots and turned to regard her.

"She would. You cook as well as she did. She was always so proud of you. Don't ever forget that." He squeezed her arm then went back to work.

"Thank you," Bisca said.

He smiled to himself.

》》》》》

"So," Asha began, cutting through the silence that had established itself in the corridor around her, Reedley and Bix. "What did you two speak of?" Her hands were laced together at her back as they continued their aimless stroll.

"You, actually," Bix said. Reedley glared at his brother, but it did not phase the younger man.

"Oh." She blinked, a little shocked. "What about me?"

The brothers' eyes sparked fire as they glared at each other over her head. Asha sighed and stopped walking.

"What? Am I the issue here? Should I leave the equation because I rather not have two brothers at odd ends fighting just because of my presence!" She snapped. Her eyes went pitch black. "What? Aren't you going to speak? Why don't you tell me what irks you about me?! I'm right here, don't fight behind my back and then put on a façade infront of my face—I am not a fool, and I will not be spun like a top, so speak!" Her command echoed down the corridor, and the men looked upon as her appearance changed, the blackness of her eyes running down her cheeks, her pretty face twisted in a scowl.

"Baby... Asha, please calm down." Reedley tried, stepping forward. Her black eyes followed him. Her head cocked to the right, scrutinizing him. He gulped and stood back.

"I told him I was jealous," Bix said, owning up to his confession that he made to his brother. He scratched at the side of his neck. "I felt as though you were coming between our brotherhood, and he was choosing you over me... as long as I can remember, it's only been us, my big brother and me." He sighed, rubbing at his right eye. "It was only us for so long, and once he fell in love with you," a heavy sigh followed, "I saw him slipping further and further away, and I thought that I'd lose the only person I trusted most in this stupid world."