Chapter 2: Hope

Chapter 2: Hope

                                                                                                //6 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//
                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony had sent the private Stark Industries jet to London for me. By the time I got to the private air-strip, it was early in the morning and the plane was already fuelled up and ready to go.

From the air, Tony called –five times. Each time he quizzed me about where I’d found the necklace and what the other objects looked like around it and how far away I was. So, by the time I reached New York and took a cab to the Tower, I was pretty sick of hearing Tony’s voice.

“Tony!” I called out, stepping into the threshold of his apartment home at the top of his new and improved Stark Tower. While the Avengers were on a break, he’d had more time to finish off the place. The outside looked like the old one, complete with the ‘STARK’ across the top. But inside, he’d taken out two floors of offices for his employees to use as offices for the Avengers along with rooms for when and if we chose to stay here. We’d all been given a tour right before the Tower had been opened to the public –Bruce’s room was complete with a titanium-steel safe room just in case he had any stressful situations and the Other Guy made an unwanted appearance.

Of course, it hasn’t been tested out yet, so none of us know if it’ll actually work properly yet.

“Sky! You took your time.” Tony commented and met me at the closing elevator. “What did you do? Stop for drive-thru?”
I rolled my eyes and held up the necklace. “Sure Tony, I stopped at the new KFC three-thousand feet in the air.”
“Ah, the wit is catching on.” Tony nodded approvingly before grabbing the necklace from my hands. “I never thought I’d see this again.”
“You and me both, buddy.” I replied, following him to the lab. “Where did she get it from anyway? It’s beautiful.”
“It was her mother’s –her biological mother.” Tony replied holding it delicately. “She never takes it off –ever. It’s the only thing she has from them.”

I nodded, I knew Noel had been adopted by Clint’s parents after her parents died, but I didn’t know how they died, only that she was related to James ‘Bucky’ Barnes, Steve’s best friend. I didn’t know if Noel remembered her biological parents at all, but I could never know what kind of pain she went through every day knowing that she’d lost two pairs of parents within ten years.

“Why do you think it was there?” I asked, leaning against the desk in the lab.
“My best guess; she’s back.” He replied, a glimmer of hope in his eyes that was quickly shut down by my next choice of words.
“Enchantress could just be toying with us.” I suggested, “She could have taken the necklace off Noel and placed it there to screw with us.”
“In hindsight, that’s probably right.” Tony admitted staring at the necklace with a forlorn expression. He looked exactly like he had the day she’d left.
“But, if Enchantress has come back, what’s stopping her from bringing Noel with her next time?” I said, trying to bring his hopes up again but somewhere...down deep in my heart, I believed my own lies.
Tony seemed to take the bait.

“That’s true.” He agreed. “And...her portals, they leave traces of dark matter particles –or dark magic particles, whatever Thor calls them.”
“Dark magic.” I confirmed and smiled. “Is there any way we can track them?"

Tony looked at the wall next to his desk, the one with the collage of articles and pictures of him and his father from the newspapers and magazines. It was like a timeline, from when his father had become famous, to when he was born, to when his father died, to when Tony took over Stark Industries and made his first million.

And then the wall continued, following a complete storyline of the Iron Man adventures and saves.

“I think we can. But we’ll need help.” Tony said, a ghost of a smile whispering on his face.
“Help from whom?” I frowned.
“Thor.”

* * *

Author's Note: Hey guys! First off: thank you to everyone who entered the Metallic Lights One-Shot contest. If you didn't catch the winners here they are now:
Third Place: @Angelfire532
Second Place: @marvel_struckk
First Place: @thekingd0m.

Now, to the chapter. What did you think? There's new evidence that Noel is back, or Enchantress -who do you think it is?
Sky and Tony team up? You like?

And how they hell are the guys gonna find Thor -he's not in Asgard, but where the hell is he?
How are you guys liking Metallc Lights so far? I've already written up to chapter 4 and they will most likely be posted before Monday when I go back to school.

Hope you guys are liking the Metallic Series so far! Next upload may be later today or tomorrow depending on how much you guys beg xD
Until then, comment, vote, like!
*huggles* arielleblack.