Chapter 19: Home Sweet Home

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

The most terrifying thing about being teleported through space from Asgard to Earth? The blindness. You can’t see a thing, just a sea of colours that eventually fade to blackness. You spin uncontrollably over and over and over until you feel like the last meal you ate is going to make a reappearance.

And when you land, your joints ache and your muscles scream at you to stay put on the ground.

My experience was exactly that, but worse, because I was so terrified that I lost control of my powers. I sucked photons up and shot them back out so it was like I was taking in the bi-frost’s magic. My head hurt from the amount of power I’d been using and my whole body shook from the strange, tingling sensation that the bi-frost left me with. It was as if it’s magic, or whatever, had seeped into my bones and stayed there.

When I landed, I was surrounded by red dust swirling around me like a cyclone. Except, it wasn’t just red –every time it moved it was flashing a hundred different colours or shades, but my mortal eyes were too slow to pick up on them.

After a few minutes, the dust settled and I coughed and brushed some of it out of my long, unruly brown hair. I hadn’t cut it since before I was in a coma, which was so long ago now that it felt like a dream. Usually I wouldn’t let my hair grow any longer than my shoulder blades, but this felt nicer, like I was a little different on the outside reflecting the differences I’d made on the inside while I’d been in Asgard.

I stood in a circle of patterns and lines and an ancient language I couldn’t even read. I’d seen two of these before –the first time, when Thor had shown up, the second time when Sif and the Warrior’s Three turned up during the grudge match between Loki’s new play toy and Thor.

I wasn’t sure exactly what all the symbols meant, or why they even appeared after a person had landed using the bi-frost, but I thought it may have something to do with locating a person. Like it was a mark on the ground from Heimdall that would last a limited amount of time in order for him to find you again and allow the bi-frost to send you back to your home.

As far as I could tell, I was in the middle of nowhere. It was flat desert as far as I could see in all directions. There was no roads, no towns nearby, not even a cactus! I looked up to see if the sun could point me in a direction to head in, but it was high up in the sky, almost right over my head –it was noon. I couldn’t figure out anywhere to go until the sun moved a little so I knew which way was east.

I sighed and started pacing around the strange circle and started theorising, something I’d always done when I got bored.

These circles, technically, they were from alien race –one a lot stronger and powerful than humans. The bi-frost landing symbols could easily explain half the suspected ‘crop circles’ in America these days.