Chapter 13: Approved

Chapter 13: Approved:

//11 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

“You need to push harder, Noel!” Loki ordered, hands behind his back, puffing out his chest like he was trying to be an alpha male. We’d be at this training for more than three hours and it was starting to show in my practice. I couldn’t hold a light for more than a minute.

“I’m trying.” I whispered, kneeling in front of the blue bars that separated us. Sweat beading down my forehead, my chest heaving up and down as I panted hard. “I’m trying.” I repeated hopelessly.

“You’re obviously not trying hard enough then!” He shouted.

“I’m tired, Loki!” I snapped my head up to face him as he leered down over me. “We’ve been at this for hours. I’m in pain!”

“Good, use that pain!” He declared. “Power comes from the pain within. Why do you think your friends fight so hard? The Captain, he fights for his lost time –his lost love. The Hulk fights for his sanity and his freedom, Thor fights for the safety of his world and your own. The Iron Man... He-”

I cut him off, “Do not talk about Iron Man.”

“Struck a nerve did I, sweetheart?” Loki leaned closer to my face until his nose was almost pressed up against the blue bar. “The Iron Man fights for the innocents that have been hurt by his own creations –trying to right his own wrongs.”

I could feel the anger and the rage bubbling up inside me like a soda can that had been shaken and now it was about to be opened, it was about to explode.

I was about to explode.

I hadn’t seen Tony in eleven months. His face, his pain, the last thing I’d seen on Earth had been him. And I’d left him.

And then, Enchantress took a hold of my left arm in a tight grip and said nine words that changed the course of my life:

“Nothing like a scorned lover to scorch the Earth.”

And I was pulled in a black hole as I caught a glimpse of Tony exiting his office. I gave him one last smile and crudely blew him a kiss as he stared, dumbfounded before I disappeared from his world completely.

That moment was etched into my mind like the Ten Commandments on the two tablet stones. It was forever going to be there. Haunting my every move.

My heart clenched and stayed like that, like an entire planet was sitting on my chest.

So much pain.

I missed him so much.

Loki could tell it was hurting me because a slow, crude smile played on his face as I stood up, stumbling and trying to hold onto the nearest wall.

“I said...” I panted. “I said don’t talk about him.”

“You’re in pain aren’t you?” Loki said slowly. “Use it.”

I breathed in and out trying to calm myself down but it was just too much. I could feel the bright blue light from the bars seeping into my body, filling me up to the brink, until I couldn’t tell where I stopped and the photon particles started.

When I opened my eyes, the light was gone. Loki and I stood in complete darkness.

“Let it go, let all that pain go, Noel.” Loki whispered daringly.

“I can’t.” I whimpered. Letting it go meant letting go of Tony completely. Leaving him in my past for good, never turning back. I couldn’t do that, I wasn’t ready.

“Yes you can,” Loki urged. “He hurt you remember? Remember what you told me? He isn’t looking for you, he’s left you behind. You admitted your feelings for him and he rejected you. He blames you for everything that is wrong with the Avengers now.”

“Because it is my fault!” I shot back. “I left! It’s my fault.”

“They didn’t give you a choice!” Loki defended me before letting his voice go very quiet and he stuck his hand out to place it on my shoulder comfortingly. I almost pulled away. This was the first time he’d touched me after the three months I’d been training with him. “You need to let them go, sweetheart.”

“I know.” I whispered. I took a deep breath and placed my hands in front of me like Loki had shown me before and I let them all go.

Natasha, Fury, Sky, Starlie, Bruce, Thor, Jane, Steve, Clint, Tony. All gone. And I felt... Better.

I felt stronger and freer, like nothing was holding me back anymore. I realised, I could stay here for as long as I wanted now that I wasn’t holding onto anything back on Earth. My heart didn’t feel so heavy anymore.

The light stretched across the room in a steady, bright beam. And I could hold it; it felt like a feather in my hands, slowly humming over my skin.

“You did it.” Loki smiled when the beam ran out of particles and they returned to the bars.

***

After the training session, I walked out of the tunnel to find Sif standing there gripping her sword’s hilt, on edge and ready for a fight.

“Oh, it’s just you.” She muttered, letting her sword go.

“I’m the only one who uses this tunnel.” I shrugged, wiping sweat from above my eyebrow.

“How is Loki?” She asked.

“He’s... good actually. He’s been teaching me a lot. He thinks I’m ready.” I admitted.

“This is good.” Sif nodded. “The Allfather has approved your request for the Enchantress’ arrest.”

“That’s fantastic!” I exclaimed. I could finally do what I’d come here to do. Fix the damn bi-frost. After eleven months of waiting. “When?”

“Odin will send his most elite guard to arrest the Enchantress in the second month of winter.” Sif informed me.

“January, that’s two months from now.” I nodded. “That’ll work.”

****

Author's Note: Hey guys! Apologies for not uploading last night, my internet was super slow and it wasn't even loading Wattpad up. But here it is now! :D

If anyone was gonna ask -camp was SHIT. I hated it. I always hate camps xD

Anyway! What did you think of the chapter? Loki has his "nice" thing going on, it's kind of freaking me out. And the bi-frost is almost fixed which means... NOEL MIGHT BE GOING HOME SOON! Ah, its gonna be so cool when/if she goes back home. What do you think everyone's reactions will be when/if she does return?

Okay so if I can get it out, I've already written chapter 15 so I just need to write 14 -if I can finish it tonight and Watson doesn't have too much homework, I MIGHT be able to post them tonight :)

Stay tuned for those uploads guys!

Until then, comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack.