Chapter 17: Bi-Frost

A/N: Before you read this chapter, I just wanted to say that I dedicate this chapter to a wonderful person on here by the name of @Rickman. He was nice enough to make me a book trailer for Metallic Charms (the first book in this trilogy). You can watch it here if you haven't seen it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9otVbL6Q50&feature=youtu.be 

Thanks for reading!

****

Chapter 17: Bi-Frost:

//13 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment I woke up at the crack of dawn I knew that today was the day. This was the day that I had to fix the bi-frost. I had to, or I’d be trapped here forever. There was the off chance that Odin might offer to make me a portal to return to Earth, but at this point, if I failed, I didn’t think I could return to Earth. I couldn’t go back and explain to everyone that I’d left under Thor’s instructions to fix the bi-frost. I couldn’t bear to see their disappointed faces as I was dragged off to a S.H.I.E.L.D prison cell –I had no doubt that Fury wouldn’t hesitate to arrest me the second I returned.

“I’m sorry.” I sighed, wishing that they could all hear me before snapping myself out of it. I’d let them go. They hadn’t come looking for me! I didn’t want them to. I didn’t even want to take the bi-frost back to them anymore. I wouldn’t spend the rest of my life rotting in a cell under heavy guard.

The one thing I knew for certain was that if I returned, I couldn’t allow anybody to know that I’d learned how to control and strengthen my powers from Loki. That would really earn me some hard time.

The sun was just peaking through the heavy mist this morning; it was Asgardian winter at the moment. It was snowing heavily every day, and frost covered every open body of water as far as I could see. I loved winter, but the Asgardian version was to the extreme, it was like I was living in Antarctica with the freaking penguins!

I forced myself to get out of bed, the bone-chilling air shocking my body into waking up fully. I slipped my cold feet into my soft leather boots and layered on every item of clothing I had to keep myself warm outside –I’d quickly learned that it was the only way to keep myself from getting frost bite or hypothermia during the winter.

Enchantress wasn’t home as usual, she had left yesterday evening and had told me she wouldn’t be back until midday the next day –so I had until midday today to fix the bi-frost.

It took me a twenty minute jog to get to the agreed upon meeting place for Sif and I, and as per usual, Sif was already waiting for me, her slim hand gripping the sword hilt as she leaned against the frozen rock wall. I hadn’t met up with Loki in close to three months now, which was the longest I’d gone without seeing him.

I didn’t miss him, that was an impossibility. But it was strange not seeing him every few weeks, it had become like something of a routine, and I liked order, I liked knowing what was going to happen.