Chapter 14: Calling It Quits

Chapter 14: Calling It Quits:

//12 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at the office early today, well, earlier than usual anyway. I was spending so much time at Tony’s building that Steve and I had started referring to it as ‘the office’ because at the hours I was pulling here, I may as well have been working for the man.

“Anything?” I asked walking out of the elevator with my black stilettos on. Usually, I didn’t wear high heels, just ballet flats or Converse, but I decided to try them out today.

I didn’t get a response from Tony, which was weird, at the moment he’d been getting up early and working on tracking Noel so that Pepper wouldn’t get suspicious or jealous about him ‘running after his ex-girlfriend.’

It had been three months since I discovered Pepper and Tony’s relationship, and according to Pepper, they’d been dating for at least six or seven months. Three months prior to my finding out about it. And that really ticked me off. He’d been keeping secrets from everyone –I’d even checked with Clint, Natasha and Bruce; he hadn’t told anybody.

He hadn’t even taken the time to move on properly from Noel! He was obviously still hung up on Noel –if he wasn’t, he would have called off the search to find her or at least told other people about the damn search. I was just as angry about the fact that this wasn’t fair to Pepper if he didn’t tell her about Noel, but I was also mad about how quickly he moved on. I understood that Tony didn’t feel the same way about Noel, she loved him but he didn’t and that was okay. Wouldn’t the decent thing to do be wait at least a year before moving on?

Ugh! I don’t know! I didn’t even know why I was judging Tony, to be honest. It’s not like I had a great dating history –in fact, I didn’t have much of a dating history at all. I’d gone out with Thomas Cowell for a month during my training days and then Peter North for nine months in my first year of being a full agent –apparently dating your partner in crime is a bad idea.

And then there was Steve, just over a year and still going strong... Okay, maybe not so much. We were having problems now, but we’d get through them.

“Tony?” I called out after a while of still no reply from him. Still no reply. I pursed my lips and frowned. “Huh.”

I went searching for a note in the kitchen, in case he’d gone out or had an unexpected meeting or something.