Chapter 8: Finding Common Ground

A/N: GUYS, COULD YOU PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, ITS VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT. Thank you, and happy reading :)

********

Chapter 8: Finding Common Ground

//8 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

Breaking in the dungeon wouldn’t be too hard. Amora and I had done it a few weeks beforehand to find information from a prisoner there. It had been an unsuccessful mission as the prisoner we’d sort out, had died days before we’d gained access to the dungeon.

While I was there, I caught a glimpse of the high-security cell that held Loki, bars of Tesseract energy kept him within the confines of cell, which I felt safe about –if I was able to break in again, at least I could count on Loki not being able to hurt me.

Two weeks after I’d come up with solution of seeking out Loki to help me, I got a spare few hours from Amora, so I snuck away.

“I’m going to visit a friend.” Amora poked her head into my bedroom.

“Do I know this ‘friend’?” I asked, getting up off my bed where I’d been reading.

“No, and I don’t think you’ll ever meet him, before you ask.” She shot a hard glance at me. I often asked her about her ‘friends.’ I only ever got to meet a few of them, and most times, they were shady characters who were involved in the Asgardian Underworld –if that even existed, which I was certain it did.

“So it’s a man.” I deduced with a smile, “Is it...a special man?”

“That’s none of your business, Noel.” She glared and stepped further into my room before she was standing right in front of me. Amora was a good two heads taller than me, her long blonde hair was pulled back into a tight pony tail today that made her already sharp cheekbones look razor sharp.

“I-I’m sorry.” I stepped back. “It was just a question.” I defended myself.

“Damn right, you’re sorry, you little bitch!” Amora was losing it. It didn’t take much for her to let go over her bottled up anger, I’d once seen her flip her shit over someone spilling water on her in the marketplace.

“Amora-” I tried to step back again but the bed stopped me and she raised her hand.

“Do not use that name! You don’t have the right!” Her wide palm struck me across the face hard enough to leave a red mark, I cried out at the sound and the stinging pain that was now tingling on my cheek.

When I looked up, Am- Enchantress was gone. I was shaking. I reached up and touched my cheek delicately. She hadn’t broken the skin...not like last time. I felt tears springing up in my eyes from the pain but I blinked them back furiously.

I was not going to cry, I told myself in fear, it was my fault...All my fault. Everything is my fault.

After about ten minutes of sitting shell shocked on my bed, I got up and headed toward the tunnel Enchantress and I had made to get into the dungeon weeks before.

It didn’t take long to find, it was quite obvious to me because I’d made it.

The tunnel was covered with rocks piled up and a few bushes crowed the bottom to make it even more inconspicuous. Slowly, I began peeling back the rocks and kicking down the wall. Moving the bushes was simple enough, but they were full of thorns, and by the time I was done, I was covered in cuts and scratches and bruises in all sorts of places.