Chapter 5: Lonely

Chapter 5: Lonely

//7 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

As nice as Enchantress was –to me at least,- she wasn’t a friend. I don’t even think I could classify her as an acquaintance.

There were always those people in the world that were nice to you just so they could get something out of it –the kind of people that did ask you how you were, but you listened to all of their problems when you were swimming in more troubles than they could ever imagine.

Amora was that kind of person.

I sighed and swung myself out of bed and looked down at my cotton night dress. I felt like something out of the Legacy trilogy by Cayla Kluver. Everything around me was medieval to the max. Amora and I lived outskirts of the city, but we could still see the palace shining off in the distance. I couldn’t look at it without feeling a bundle of mixed emotions; pride, that in a way, I was helping Asgard by fixing the bi-frost, but guilt because I’d left Thor and Clint and all of my friends - and Tony –back on Earth. Sadness because I had no idea whether I’d ever see any of them again.

I also felt scared, because sometimes, when the moon hit it just right at night time, the palace glowed a soft blue and it reminded me of Loki’s attack.

I pulled off the night dress and swapped it for the leather pants, under coat and chest armour that Amora had managed to salvage for me. I’d come here in no more than jeans and a camisole.

“Noel, have you woken?” Amora called from outside the room. “We have work to do!”

“I’m coming Amora.” I replied hastily, shoving my feet into the leather boots that only just fit me and tying my hand into a messy pony tail with a piece of black ribbon.

The absence of my mother’s necklace hung heavy on my neck. Its weight had become a comfort to me, now I felt to light, like a whole piece of myself had gone missing. But I’d had to give it up –Amora thought that the people back on Earth might have been able to track me with it. I’d had to burn every single thing I had on my person from earth in case they could track it but I’d refused for Amora to destroy that necklace, so she’d dumped it on earth. I had no idea where.

“Hurry!” Amora snapped, “We have limited day light, you know.”

“Well aware.” I rolled my eyes and followed her outside and into the busy and crowded city.

I had no idea what we were stealing today, but I knew it had something to do with taking over Earth. She hadn’t revealed her plan completely to me, but I knew bits and pieces. Like, she planned to keep Thor alive, but remove his power so he would no longer be a threat – she was in love with him, and I’d learned quickly not to ever bring up Jane Foster’s name around her.

“What’s the mission today, boss?” I asked in a business-like tone and for a moment, I felt like I was back at S.H.I.E.L.D.

“There is a secret passage that leads in and out of Asgard through the palace dungeon, and we’re going to find it.” Amora gave me a mischievous glance, laced with a smile.

“You mean like the one Loki used to sneak the Frost Giants into the weapons vault?” I quizzed. Amora gave me a look that asked a million questions, the primary one being ‘how did you know of that?’ I continued, “Thor filled all the Avengers in on what had happened in Asgard prior to Loki trying to take over Midgard.”

The Enchantress nodded thoughtfully and pressed a finger to her chin. “My beloved, he just cannot keep his mouth shut can he?”

I chuckled and agreed, “Indeed. But without his knowledge, I never would have heard of you as escaped their hell. But I cannot help but wonder, why don’t we just asked Loki where the passage is? He is your master, and we’ve broken into the dungeons before.”