Chapter 9: Lady Sif

Chapter 9: Lady Sif

//8 Months After Noel’s Disappearance//

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

Four days after I allied myself with Loki, I realised what a fatal mistake I had made. I knew going into it, that there was a good chance I would get caught by the guards before I even reached his cell, or, that Loki would be vicious enough to report me to the guards and they would send out a warrant for my arrest –there was no doubt that there was a warrant for my arrest on earth.

I ran a hand through my unruly brown hair and groaned. Loki, who I thought had been tamed by being trapped behind bars, wasn’t different at all. And I’d been stupid to even think that he could change. He was helping me because he knew that if he did, I would owe him.

I was indebted to the God of Mischief.

Definitely not good.

I didn’t have anyone to turn to. I was completely alone in this.

Sitting on my bed, I knew instinctively that if I were back on earth, no matter how much trouble I would have gotten myself into, I would have at least had Clint to fall back on. But even now, he probably hated me for leaving him.

“What am I going to do?” I asked myself. I tap my fingers on my knees and avoid getting up and pacing across the room like I had been doing for the past hour. Am- Enchantress had left me alone again, she said she could be gone for a few days, which was a first –she usually didn’t leave alone for more than three hours. I’d either done something really wrong or really right.

I sighed and gave up avoiding to pace as I got up and round myself staring at the floor, my feet moving on their own accord.

What did Thor say to do if I ever got into trouble? I asked myself. The pair of us had to have seen something like this coming... Thor knew how dangerous this place could be, surely he would have said something... told me what to do if I ever felt like I was in serious trouble.

I thought back to our conversations, but they had been almost nine months ago now. My memory was more than a little blurry.

Come on, come on, Elle think. I told myself.

And then I remembered.

When Thor had been teaching me about Asgard, he’d shown me a picture of a lady.

“Her name is Lady Sif.” Thor pointed to a strikingly beautiful woman with long brown hair and heavy silver armour. “She’s a friend. Find her and the Warriors Three shouldn’t be too far away. Tell her you’re from Midgard, and that you’re a friend of mine. She will help you, possibly even be able to contact me.”

I smiled at myself, and silently thanked Thor for having given me an option on what to do if I even got into a sticky mess like this one.

Now, I just had to figure out how I was going to find this Lady Sif. I’d heard people talking about her in the streets –apparently, she caused quite a stir and was the subject of much of the gossip in Asgard. She was the only female warrior in the city, and the only one in recorded history.

Apparently, she lived with the Allfather in quarters with the Warrior’s Three. But I hadn’t the foggiest idea of how to introduce myself to them unless I got arrested.

Huffing out of my nose, annoyed, I left the tiny house and headed for the only person who I thought might be able to help me.

***