Chapter 40: Life Support

~~~~~~~~~~~{Noel’s Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well, well, well.” Loki smiled wickedly at me. “Who do we have here? Last I heard you were in a coma.”
“I’m back.” I smiled ruefully. “But don’t worry; I’m not here to kill you. I quite like this view. You look like the pathetic scum I always knew you were.”
“Oh, you’re feistier than last time!” He exclaimed happily. “Did you finally start wearing your big girl panties? Stark got to you didn’t he?”
“Do not bring Tony into this!” I shouted, my voice echoing and bouncing off the walls.
“Oh,” He chuckled gleefully, “I struck a nerve there –what happened? Did he finally wake up and realise you were just a little girl with no future? No love to give.”

I turned away from him. “I’m not doing this with you, Laufeyson. Not now. I came here because I need your help.”

It was silent for a good five minutes before Loki started to laugh manically as he threw his head back, got up and stepped towards me. I turned around and came face to face with him. I stared up into his black eyes and shuddered. There was so much hatred, so much pain.

“Noel Barton, you’ve come for my help?” Loki laughed, “I’m in a prison cell, sweetheart, I don’t think I can do much for you.”
“I need you to teach me how you control the photon particles to project yourself.” I cut straight to the chase. “I’ll give you anything within my power if you wish. I just need your help.”

Loki thought this over for a minute but didn’t answer. He avoided the question and frowned at me.

“What happened to your face?” He asked, leaning forward to inspect it.
I reached up to touch it and winced, my cheek had swelled up, but not enough to cover my eye.
“Nothing.” I said quickly, lying through my teeth. “I just walked into a wall.”
Loki shook his head at me. “You should know better than to lie to the god of mischief. Now, what really happened? How did you get here? Why are you here and why do you need my help?” He asked, and I knew that if I didn’t answer his questions, he wouldn’t even consider helping me.

“I got here via a portal made by the Enchantress. Thor and I hatched a plan to fix the bi-frost, and that’s why I’m here. I left earth and all my friends and family behind to help a greater cause and now they all either think I’m dead or fighting for the bad side. And I’m going to let them think that –I don’t care what they think of me as long as they’re safe.” I told him. “Thor thinks I can fix the bi-frost because I know how cosmic energy works, and I can project light with my hands. I’ve been in Asgard for eight months now and I’ve managed to fix the bi-frost as best I could, but I need to project enough light to bind the photon particles together to kick start it.” I explained it as simply as I could. In truth, there was a lot more behind fixing that damn bi-frost, but I wasn’t going to go into all the details.

“I need your help because I know you can bend and project light to reflex the images of yourself.” I fiddled with my fingers, getting nervous around this demi-god who was pacing before me, nodding at the end of every one of my sentences. “I figured if you taught me that, I could somehow warp the principles and project enough light from myself that I’d be able to fix the bi-frost.”

Loki stopped pacing and faced me, his eyes were softer now. Glimmering with their usual mischief, but there was something behind it that I couldn’t read. Something that wasn’t quite invisible but not quite visible.