Chapter 4 Adjustments

" So you're telling me that you just saw this poor baby in a dark alley where Ni-ki is supposed to pee? "

Jake sat on a single sofa chair with Niko is on his lap playing with his hands, asking the two boys across him questions that will solve his confusion. Sunoo nodded followed by Ni-ki. He seemed to believe them which he really needs to because they're really telling truth and lying is something they shouldn't do at serious matters like this.

" How long have you guys been together? I can't believe the two of you would end up! Back then you used to fight like everyday and every second! "

" How many times do i have to repeat that we aren't dating, hyung! He's too annoying for me. "  Sunoo scrunched up his nose hearing that.

" How dare you call me annoying when you're annoying too? "

" Look, you're being loud again. Literally annoying. "

" Jerk. "

" Dumpling face! "

" Salty face! "

" THE TWO OF YOU STOP! " Jake whisper yelled and stand between the two that looked like will punch each other's face in any minute. It's just a simple statement, yet it lead the two boys to a fight that's not even worth fighting for.

" Does the two of you are always like this ever since............What's the name of this cutie? " Jake paused and pinch Niko on his. chubby arms.

" Niko. " Sunoo answered.

" Niko starts living with you guys? " Jake asked.  Sunoo and Ni-ki both remained silent. Jake sighed.

" Remember, even if  the two of you aren't dating or whatever, you have a responsibility now which is being a parent to this child that you two decided to keep. So better take responsibility of it and lessen those nonsense arguments and bickerings, do you get me? " Jake sternly said and pointed at the two other boys who nodded like children getting scolded by their mothers. Jake smiled and decided to play with Niko for a little while before leaving.

" I'll be going now. Its nice seeing the two of you again. Take care of your Niko okay? I'll visit again."

" Yes. Hyung! "

After Jake left, Sunoo had a phonecall from his mom. She's already getting suspicious of why he's not coming to work nor home either because he lived with them. He decided to have a discussion with Ni-ki.

" So you're telling me that you should live here in my house? For how long? " Ni-ki asked with a hint of annoyance.

" Like yeah what will my mom say if she finds out about Niko? That would be a big issue to our family and what's worse? They might take him away to who knows where."

" And can you take care of him alone? " Sunoo pointed Niko crawling on the carpet.

" Also, to answer your second question, maybe untill he grows up or forever? "

Ni-ki massaged his temples feling so confused and all. His head is starting to hurt but this problem needs to be solve right away. Jake's right. They're the ones who decided to keep Niko and that means they needed to take responsibility of it and that means having changes in their lives too.

" Fine. You can stay here. "

" Really? but do you have anyone here l-like your girlfriend or something? " Sunoo hesitantly asked. He forgot about Ni-ki's personal life. He might have someone living with him.

" You've been staying here and Niko for days but did you see anyone? And if i have a girlfriend or someone here i'm not going to bring the two of you here in the first place. " Ni-ki sarcastically said and roll his eyes.

" You sure of living here with me? "

" Are you deaf? i already said yes. "

" Why tho? "

" I can't take care of Niko alone. " Ni-ki muttered. Sunoo nodded and talk about their working time next and how they should take care of the baby too during one of them is at work.

" I'll take care of him in the morning since you have work in your company, and you'll take care of him in the evening because it's your turn now and i need to check on my work too. " Sunoo suggested but Ni-ki had a sour look on his face that make the older raise his eyebrows.

" But i always come home from work around 11 in the evening! How am i supposed to take care of him? "

" You need to do some adjustments, Ni-ki. "

" And how can you work in the evening? I don't think your salon is freaking 24 hours and i believe you have an assistant there. " Sunoo scrunched up his nose. Ni-ki surely is a hard one to convince in anything but after a few arguments, he finally give in with a frown.

The two did the routine they agreed. Sunoo take care of Niko in the morning until the sun sets and Ni-ki comes home. While in the evening, it's Ni-ki's turn to have Niko that will be only for 3 hours because like what he guessed, Sunoo had an assistant to take care of everything in his work. The only thing Sunoo needs to do is to visit and check them. And the only time they can take care and spend time with the baby together is on Saturday and Sunday. Their day offs.

" I'm home. " Niki tiredly spoked in a  singsong after closing the door in the back. He jump off the couch and saw Sunoo enter the living with a newly bathed Niko, wearing a dog onesie that Jake had gifted three days ago after visiting and checking them again. His eyes narrowed at Ni-ki's direction making the said boy pout.

" What? "

" You Jerk what time is it? "

Ni-ki confusedly glanced at his wrist and saw the time on his watch. He stopped and nervously scratched his head, literally praying to think of an acceptable reason of why he had come home very late. Very late to what they agreed.

" 9...pm. "

" Why did you come home late, Mr. Jerk? care to explain me why? "

" I-i...Yeji noona called me to have a dinner with mom and dad. You know i can't say no  because if i do... they might get ... ahh... SUSPICIOUS... Yes! " Niki answered but Sunoo din't buy any of that.

" Tell me the truth or you'll tell me the truth? "  Sunoo's eyes are already burning looking like he's very angry and upset. Ni-ki gulped.

" Fine! i accidentally slept on my office that's why i came home late..  "

" Argh! Mom is bugging me to come home every now and then!  Dad is also asking about me and i think i really need to go. "

" Did you go? "  The older looked at the younger.

" No. I can't because of Niko and you're still not here. "

Sunoo softly stomp his feet. If her mom is sweet and soft like marshmallow candies, his dad isn't. He's very strict and cold. He's like a rock. And once he knows about his secret, trouble will surely come.

" I'm already here, you can go now. " 

Combing his blond hair, Ni-ki grabbed the babyfrom Sunoo's embrace and gently rock it to sleep.

" Look he's already asleep. Go now. " Finally, Sunoo nodded and hurriedly grabbed his coat that was neatly folded on the table that he already prepared a while ago.

Before Sunoo could twist the doorknob, he randomly looked back and saw Ni-ki laying Niko on the couch and sat on his side softly humming something while carefully grabbing some strands of its brown fluffy hair. It was a cute sight that melt his heart.

Without thinking, Sunoo let go of the doorknob and take multiple steps towards Ni-ki giving him a kiss on the cheek, before quickly running outside, slamming the door shut.

Ni-ki got startled.

" Did he just kissed my cheek? "

" Why?..."

On the parking lot, Sunoo touched his face before opening the car's door.

" What the hell did i just do? "

Waaa 36 reads! I didn't expect this! thank you so much. I kinda thought that this is kinda boring and no one will ever read it but there is! so thank you again :  ) ♥️