Chapter 23 Upside-down

||April 24, 2027||

After Sunoo left to the airport with his father, Ni-ki was also left to the sidewalk where the black car of what he guessed Sunoo's family owned was park there.

Ni-ki sobbed staring at the empty, quiet road. Sunoo just left him. He can't believe nor accept it. It was so painful inside that he felt himself deeply hurt as if his heart are being squeezed to death, chest heavy, eyes puffy, nose red and his face a whole freaking of a mess.

He saw his hands red and swollen after banging the window of the car where Sunoo is behind it countless time just to beg him not to leave and fix everything.

But as if they didn't love each other from the start, Sunoo just turned into a blind eye and left as if he's deaf too that he didn't heard Ni-ki's shouts and begs from outside. And that was the most painful for Ni-ki who didn't do anything but to love him and think plans of how they're going to be together forever.

He's excruciatingly in pain,

in great anguish.

But he didn't know his world would turn upside down when he felt his head sting, spin and sights starting to blur.

He heard Daniel shouting at him from afar but his body already collapsed on the asphalt.

Ni-ki passed out.

||September 24, 2026||

After teaching kids on a certain studio how to dance and to paint at a small school, the 20 year old Ni-ki came home with a smile on his face despite of the tiredness he felt on his body.

The kids were so energetic to see him today.

He entered the enormous black and white mansion owned by no other than his parents and got greeted by a man wearing a formal clothing sitting on the high-end couch while a lady on her red dress stand beside with shining jewelries wrapped around her.

Ni-ki smiled and bow at them as a sign of respect and greetings on seeing them back again.

" I'm home, mom and dad. "

The beautiful lady only gave him a nod and a sweet smile but the man on the couch gave him the opposite. A frown and a glare.

" Welcome back home, Riki, where did you go? " Asked by his dad with sternest on the tune of his voice.

" To the small school near the country side teaching kids there who wants to learn how to dance and paint. " Ni-ki answered only to receive a snort in return.

" Stop going there anymore and handle our company. "

Confused, Ni-ki opened his mouth for a question.

" I'm already passing you my CEO position, son. I bet you're already old enough to handle the company. "

Ni-ki was shocked. But he's just 21? aren't himself too young for that big position? He have no knowledge about that kind of job.

" But dad..... "

" Why? Are you earning something from what you're doing? "

Ni-ki already loves what he's doing contented though he only earns a small amount of money in it because that's the purpose of that. To teach kids about their passion without worrying of paying. And that's enough for him. Just seeing the kids enjoying his company and teachings make his heart full of joy.

" No buts, Riki. If you don't want me to demolish that small old cruddy school. "

" Y-yes, dad. "

He had no choice. His dad is much powerful than him.

|| October 24, 2026 ||

Ni-ki just had gone into a fight with his furious father after he catched him skipping his work on his office inside building.

He angrily walked towards his car and harshly closed the door.

After he accepted the CEO position his dad had passed him, his freedom disappeared even his wills. He can't even have fun or have a little rest.

Ni-ki recklessly drove his car on the dark road full speed without knowing his recklessness will cause him something mind blowing that will change his life.

" Shit! "

Hi, here's an update! Confused? Don't worry it's all part of the book. The next chapter will clear everything. This is just a little background of Ni-ki's life one year ago wherein he still haven't encountered Sunoo and Niko. See the dates? hahaha that's because of their ages. I mentioned in the note that there will be adjustments right? And that is Sunoo and Ni-ki's ages and because of that, the year will be adjusted too. I hope y'all get it.

By the way, i forgot to mention this on my last update. I just published two new books, a Jakehoon and Sunki one. If you're interested you can check them out on my profile. Take care and thank you so much : ) ❤️