4

3 person pov

It had been a few weeks again, yuu hadn't seen the blonde vampire ever since that day and wondered where he had gone to if he had gotten into trouble for helping them. Emily had gotten better because that they had a bit more food than usual these past weeks and the cape of the vampire that could keep her warm at night during this long winter.

They were playing on the streets playing with sticks they had found from a tree branch using them as swords. Yuu was watching them with Emily who was snuggled up against him laughing when one of them got tripped by the other losing the battle. Yuu had been wishing to leave this place and give his family another change in the outside world, but how can you leave when you don't even know where the exit is?

A group of vampires walked down the streets and Emily hide behind yuu, yuu looked at the other kids and they quickly moved to the side of the street letting them pass but it seemed that wasn't what they had planned.

They lived quite far from where the main part of the city was and vampires barely went here in the first place finding it took too big of an effort. One of them walked towards the children and grabbed a boy by the neck lifting him up. "such a waste to just let them play around here don't you think? Let's make some use of them" the other followed his example till one walked over to yuu and Emily tried to take the smaller girl from behind him, he refused to result in him being the one that got picked up. "thanks for the meal~" Yuu saw Emily go up to him but motioned for er to stay back not wanting her to get hurt. She started crying when the vampire was about to bite yuu in the neck who was desperately trying to get free just like the others.

Yuu just hoped they would leave Emily alone after being done with them so she would at least survive this place...

"Mika!! MIKA!" yuu looked at Emily who was screaming desperate to save her older brothers and sisters. "hm? Who are you calling for? Another kid? They can't help you little girl this is what you are life stock nothing more~ so just give up no one is going to help you" "wrong" the vampire turned to dust and yuu fell to the floor looking at who was now in front of him. "close your eyes for a bit will you?" yuu nodded and held Emily telling her to close her eyes as well and she did. There was some screaming to be heard and yuu was afraid that all his siblings had just died, but when it stopped he opened his eyes and saw all of his siblings sitting on the floor the vampires who were once holding them were gone only some dust on the floor left of them. Emily let go of yuu and ran up to the blonde vampire hugging him tightly. "thank you, Mika.." still crying she let go of him and he knelt down patting her on the head. "don't cry it is okay now. No one is going to hurt you" she nodded and hugged him without any warning making Mikaela lose his balance and fall onto his back with the little girl on top of him.

When she had finally gotten off of the poor blonde he sat up and yuu hugged him as well, having a pair of arms wrap around him yuu nuzzled into the other his chest smiling a little guessing this is what it feels to be loved by someone. "thanks for coming Mika.." "no problem, yuichiro right?" yuu nodded and let go of the other seeing his siblings smile a little and thank the other as well. "you just killed a group of vampires- how did you do that?" the blonde just smiled and patted yuu on the head. "I didn't do anything yuu-chan" yuu groaned and pouted before looking away from the other. "mean Mika, very mean" Mikaela just rolled his eyes and got up again dusting off his clothes. "noo don't leave!" Emily held onto his leg again making him smile a little. "aww I am sorry but I have to, I have to be somewhere today" she pouted and refused to let go of the blonde.

"prince Mikaela are these kids bothering you?" Mikaela sighed and turned his head around seeing a purple-haired vampire standing behind them. "no not at all lacus" the other put his sword away again glaring at the girl who now quickly moved closer to Mikaela. "we should go now you know your mother does not like to be kept waiting" the blonde nodded and patted the girl on the head before she let go of him. "prince?" Mikaela nodded at yuu and gave him a small smile before leaving with the other vampire to who knows where. 

word count 849