8

3 person pov

"Mika..? Mika!" yuu ran up to the blonde vampire and hugged him tightly hiding his face in the other his chest. "I thought you were dead!" he felt two arms wrap around him and smiled thinking it had all just been a bad dream and that Mika was still alive maybe they did escape together.

"don't cry Yuu-chan I am here with you" yuu didn't even realize he was crying till Mika wiped his tears away with a smile on his lips. "Mika I have to tell you something! I finally figured it out!" "What did you figure out yuu-chan" Yuu leaned into the hand cherishing his cheek closing his eyes feeling relaxed. "my feelings for you Mika" "really? What would you be feeling for me Yuu-chan" yuu smiled and took hold of the hand on his cheek nuzzling into it. "that i- Mika?" yuu looked around now being in a white room with Mika standing in front of him, but he wasn't alone, the silver-haired vampire that was standing in between yuu and Mikaela. Ferid standing in front of him stabbing his sword through Mikaela his heart. Yuu ran forward catching the other in his arms. "Mika! No no no don't leave me again... Stay with me, Mika!" "I'll always be with you yuu-chan... Wake up okay" wake up? What did the other mean with that why would he wake up if he is already awake. "Mika!"

He shot up in his bed frantically looking around his room. "Mika!?" "yuu calm down there is no one else here" looking to his side he saw Yoichi and kimizuki sitting on his bed next to him. "Yuu-kun you were having a nightmare... Are you okay? You kept screaming for someone not to leave you" "y-yea i.. I am fine just a bad dream it wasn't real..." laying back down you curled up around his pillow closing his eyes not wanting to see his friends worried expressions. "try to get some rest Yuu-kun we are in the room next to you" he nodded and heard the two leave his room before he had started crying again making sure to muffle his cries with the pillow. He would never get over the blonde vampire, it had only been a year or two since he realized he loved him but it was too late the other was dead and he was all alone.

He got up and grabbed his sword activating the curse and cutting his hand with it appearing in asumaru his world. "hm? A pleasant surprise yuu-san what is it that I could do for you?" "can you pretend to be Mika? You can do that right" he nodded, asamaru knew Mikaela on a personal level, after all. He sighed he really wasn't supposed to do this but for the boy who was important to his cousin, he would do it. turning into the blonde vampire yuu sat down and leaned against him falling unconscious. "if only you knew how much he cares about you yuu, if only you knew.." he wrapped his arms around the human letting him stay like this for a while before sending him back to his own world.

When the sun came up yuu was awoken by some violent shaking from Yoichi. "yuu!! Wake up are you okay!!" he weakly pushed the other away from him and sighed rubbing his eyes. "I'm fine Yoichi.. Let's just get ready for the day" the shorter boy nodded and left his room leaving yuu to change his clothes he really wasn't looking forward to today.

Now in uniform yuu walked into the living room seeing his friends already sitting there. He sat down on a chair and shinoa handed him a plate of eggs and toast for breakfast, he is surprised she could make this without burning the kitchen down and laughed a little, probably the first time in days. "yuu-san! What are you laughing at huh??" "that you made breakfast and the kitchen is still standing" she looked offended and the others started laughing as well.

By the time they got to the training grounds guran was already there with the other groups of soldiers who would be practicing today. "you are all late," they quickly looked away and guran let out a sigh telling them to just start warming up not feeling like dealing with it today. The first rounds of running around the field went fine that was until guran found it good for practice to do it with their legs tied.

What vampire in their right mind would tie up their legs and then let them hop around like some rabbits. They did it anyway and they all burst out laughing when yuu and kimizuki made a race out of it and both ended up falling. "yuu-san that was amazing!" shinoa was laughing to the point of tears showing up in her eyes and Yoichi was nice enough to help the two of them up." shut up! It wasn't my fault he pushed me!" and that was the start of the bickering, both taking out their weapons and hopping after one another trying to hit him with the others laughing at them.

Guran had eventually pulled them apart telling them that this was no way of working together and they would be punished for their behavior. Yuu just pouted and kimizuki felt silent glaring at shinoa who was laughing at them. "this is your fault you street lantern" Yuu crumbled and hide behind Yoichi saving him from the hit that would have come to him otherwise. "don't hide behind him yuu you look weak now" he froze before glaring at the pink-haired idiot walking away from Yoichi.

When practice did finally end yuu had taken his shower and decided he really didn't feel like eating before laying down in bed. He didn't feel like eating or talking to anyone right now, he might have seen to be okay during the day but he really felt awful right now. It was winter and it was snowing outside. The same weather as the day his family died, when Mika died. He was too weak to protect them and he just hoped that now he was stronger he would be able to protect his friends, he doesn't know if he would be okay if he lost them too. Closing his eyes it didn't take him too long to fall asleep hoping that today he would be allowed to have a nice dream. 

word count 1086