Painful Loss

I opened my eyes to find myself in my bed. That was some dream. Jeez, I have a killer headache. A flood of memories washed over me, everything. The battle, meeting Aaron, Robin. It wasn't a dream. I felt the hot and salty tears stream down my face.

"I'm s-so sorry A-Aaron." I whispered. Wait that last memory, who? Wait, what? I gasped, "ROBIN!" I practically flew out of bed and into the hallway. When I reached the elevator I slammed the down button and ran in.

I flew all the way to the lounge as fast as I could, I felt the tears beginnings to brim my eyes. How could I, I just let them take him, why, why didn't I try to save him? My little brother. Gone. And I might not get him back.

I need to get to Robin, I need to see if he's still alive. When I got to the lounge I practically threw my body onto the ground.

"Abby!" Steve ran to me an helped me stand.

"Robin. Where's Robin? I need to see him. Where is he?" I was clutching my dad's shirt and he slowly took them off. I saw the Young Justice team behind me in tears. Wally looked the worst, I couldn't blame him, they were best friends. "Dad?" he started to tear up.

"I'm so sorry Abby." I shook my head and backed away slowly.

"No, no. No, he's not. Please, just please tell me he's ok. He is still here." I could feel my chest tightening with each second that passes by.

"Robin is dead." his voice cracked. I broke and fell to my knees. I cried and cried my heart out. My dad went to comfort me but I swatted his hands away. "The doctors did everything they could, but there was too much damage in his vital organs." Natasha held me in her arms as she rocked me back and forth. I was hysterical. Why, why couldn't it just be me? I lost the love of my life, the one thing I fought for. And now, he's gone.

"Where is he?" I asked standing up. My dad just pointed to another room and I ran in.

"Abby no, wait."my dad called after me but I didn't listen. When I ran in, I saw his still lifeless body laying in a hospital like bed. I walked to Robin's side and held his hand. His hand was cold and pale. It made me cry even more.

"Oh Robin, no, you can't be gone." I bend down and kissed his forehead gently, afraid, like I could break him. "I love you. I will always love you." I stroked his pitch black hair back, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and began taking me out of the room. "No, NO, let me go no! Stop! Please."

I was sitting in my bedroom, alone, fiddling with the necklace Robin gave me. Refusing food, showers, I didn't want to talk with anyone. I didn't need to. I didn't want their pity. What did they know anyways. They don't understand. I felt my blood begin to boil, there was so much hate so much anger, I doubt there was any room left for anything good.

Laufey. I hated him with a burning passion. More, than anybody could ever hate someone. He killed my parents, Robin, and stole my brother. Give a good reason why I shouldn't kill him. I want his blood on my hands, and I will be the one, to end his life. And I will die knowing I have avenged every single person I care about that he has harmed.

Crying won't solve anything. Robin is dead. Aaron is gone. The only thing I can do is look for Aaron and get him back. But nothing can bring back Robin. Nothing.

I needed a distraction, something to clear my head. I walked out of my room and headed towards the elevator to Fury's office. I could feel every ones stares on me. Word sure as hell gets around. But I didn't care, I kept my facial expression hard and cold. I walked into Fury's office and saw him arranging files with Project T.A.H.I.T.I on them.

"Director Fury?" he looked up nervously and slowly pushed the files underneath others. I ignored it and focused my attention back on him.

"Yes, Agent Evans." My lip quivered when he said that, no one's really addressed me by my agent name before.

"I want a mission, anything I don't care. I need something to clear my head." he looked through his holographic computer and shook his head.

"I don't have anything available right now but, there is a mission Captain Rogers and Agent Romanoff are going on tonight, do you want to take that?" I folded my arms and shifted my weight to one leg.

"What kind of mission?" I said a little to snotty. He raised an eyebrow at my rudeness. "Sorry." I apologized.

"It's a rescue, a few of our agents are being held hostage over foreign seas." I cocked my eyes wide.

"A boat?" he simply nodded. Just thinking about it makes me sea sick. "Alright, I'll do it."

"Remember, It's a covert mission. In and out, quietly." I nodded. "Why don't you head over to the gym, work out a little before you leave." and with the wave of his hand, I was dismissed. I walked to my room to get changed, in my walk-in closet, I chose blue themed clothes. I had a dark blue tank top under armour shirt, light blue tie-dye shorts, blue and green Nike's, a blue boho headband, and m black and pink watch (Pic on the side). I need to go shopping. On my way out I grabbed my gloves and headed to the training room.

A few other agents were in there but, as soon as I walked in they left. I respected the fact that they wanted to give me some privacy. I started off with some gymnastics, to stretch out my body (video on the side).

Sometimes I'm asked how I'm able to do the most extraordinary things, but I just tell them, it just comes to me. When I'm doing things I love most, like fighting for justice, I'm at my best. I feel like I can do anything. But I know I'm not invincible, and people forget that sometimes. I know now I can never forget that.

I was working out on the punching bag when I heard footsteps heading into the gym. I just ignored it and kept going.

"Ya know, you shouldn't work off the pain like that. You could get hurt." that made me go in harder.

"I don't need sympathy Wally. Why do you care anyways?"

"You know my feelings towards you Abby. Ever since i met you-"

"Don't, don't do this to me now Wally. I can't handle this right now." I walked away from the bag and started to take off my gloves. Wally walked up to me and placed both hands on my shoulders.

"Abby, I lov-" I jolted backwards making his hands fall off me.

"Stop, no Wally I can't. I don't feel the same way, I'm sorry. Now, I need to go get ready, I have a mission to go on." I walked off out of the gym and to my room. I started to cry, I felt bad. Hurting him like that but I had to say something, I can't be with him I still love Robin. I slapped my tears away. No more crying, no more pain, I need to be strong.