7

The next morning came and Oikawa was the first one to wake up. When he slowly opened his eyes, he tried to remember where he was. His chest was pressed to something warm and when he realized that it was you, he immediately tensed up and started blushing. His arm was wrapped around you and he was holding you close to his body.

Oikawa was slowly trying to entangle himslef from you, but unfortunately for him, you woke up before he could get up. You forgot that you allowed Oikawa to sleep next to you. When you woke up, you got scared of the presence behind you, so you quickly turned around and created some small distance between you. Once you realized that it was Oikawa, you remembered what happened last night. You started to blush too and you cursed yourself for not thinking straight last night. Oikawa was startled by your reaction and he got really nervous.
"Uuhhmm... G-Good morning?"

Before you could say anything, your brother burst into your room, telling you to wake up. In that moment you forgot that Oikawa was invisible and you fell onto the ground because you were desperately trying to move away from him. You collided with your desk and a few things fell down from the impact. Oikawa was looking at you worriedly and one of his arm was reaching out into your direction, while the other was supporting him on the bed.
"Are you alright!?"

At first your brother looked at you like he was wondering what was wrong with you. But then he burst out laughing.
"What is wrong with you? You-"

He wanted to continue speaking but he couldn't contain his laughter. Your mother was calling out from the kitchen.
"What was that sound!? Did you break something again!?"

With that your brother ran to your mother, explaining what just happened. You couldn't really call it explaining though, because your mother had a hard time understanding him as he was too busy laughing than explaining.

You weren't amused at all. Instead you felt like you were drowning in embarrassment. Oikawa walked up to you and offered you a hand. You took it and he pulled you up. His other hand was supportingly placed on your upper arm, so you didn't lose your balance.
"You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

You didn't look him in the face, because you were still embarrassed.
"Yeah, I'm fine."

Your older brother stood outside of your room, eyeing you weirdly.
"Who are you talking to? Did you finally lose the last bit of sanity you had?"

You thought that you couldn't get more embarrassed, but you guess you were wrong.
"Shouldn't you all be used to seeing me talking to myself?"
"Only crazy people talk to themselves."
"That's not true! Talking to yourself is actually good your brain!"

Your brother gave you a doubting look and just walked away.
"Sure."

Oikawa's hand was still resting on your arm and as soon as you both realized, he pulled away hastily. In order to avoid the awkward situation, he started to pick up the things that fell down from your desk and you joined him. Your brother was responsible for the many paper shreds that were once on the desk. He loved to randomly make a mess in your room for no specific reason.

Some paper shreds had falled down on your head. When Oikawa and you were finished with picking everything up, he noticed the mess on your head.
"Hold on, (y/n)-chan."

With that he reached for the top of your head and gently pulled the paper shreds away. Some got stuck even deeper when he tried to pull them out, so he softly ran his fingers through your hair, so he could remove them.

He smiled down at you and put his palm on top of you head.
"All done."

The contact made Oikawa feel something warm inside of him. He liked the feeling of being close to you. But maybe he felt this way because you were the only one that he could make physical contact with. Maybe that way, he was feeling some kind of reassurance. He never felt this specific way before and he couldn't tell what caused it, but he didn't mind as long as you were with him.

You interrupted his train of thoughts when you smiled up at him.
"Thanks Oikawa. Now, let's have some breakfast.