23

The sun was shining through Oikawa's curtains and it caused him to open his eyes widely. When he looked around and noticed where he was, he went still and started to panic. He quickly got out of bed and looked around the room to be sure that he wasn't dreaming. Just when he was about to open the door, a familiar figure came in. It was his mother who greeted him with a sweet smile.
"Good morning, Toru. What's wrong? You kinda look pale today. Don't you feel well? Do you want to stay home?"
Oikawa missed his mother. He really did, but right now, he couldn't bring himself to be happy. Oikawa's mother placed a hand on her son's forehead and Oikawa had to suppress his tears.
He tried to sound as normal as possible, but it was impossible for him to hide the sadness in his voice.
"I'm fine, Mom. Don't worry. I just had a weird dream."
Oikawa's mom still seemed to be worrying about his son, but before she could continue to investigate any further, she could hear her phone ringing from downstairs.
"I'm sorry, it's important. I have to check."

Oikawa didn't respond as he was too busy to understand what was happening. He knew that what had happened wasn't a dream. That was impossible. Apparently, he was back. He finally got back to his normal life. But was this really what he wanted? Why did it have to come like this? He didn't want to leave you behind. He wanted to see you. He wanted you to be with him.
Oikawa felt dizziness take over him. He sat back on his bed and covered his head with his hands. He could hear his mother calling from downstairs and he got up and started to get dressed. He couldn't tell his mother what had happened, so he decided to act as normal as he could. That didn't mean that he would give up. He would do anything to find you again. He didn't know how but he wasn't going to just accept that you were gone.

After breakfast, he said goodbye to his mother and walked off to school. His determination from before slowly started to crumble when he tried to think of ways of getting you back. What could he possibly do? It's not like he came here with his own strenght. He just seemed to randomly teleport from place to place without any control.

He couldn't help but to think of your beautiful blushing face before he leaned in to kiss you. How you started to close your eyes when he placed a hand on your soft skin and how you slightly parted your lips. Just thinking of it made him blush and his heart began to race. His train of thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.
"What's with the creepy face, Shittykawa?"

Oikawa jumped a little at the harsh voice.
"Iwa-chan?" He didn't manage to hide the surprise in his voice.
"Why do you sound so surprised? We planned on meeting here, didn't we?"

Apparently, it was as if Oikawa was never gone. The time didn't seem to have passed here either.
"Ahh, yes! Of course! I remember." Oikawa was avoiding eye contact.
"What's up with you? Did you hit your head or something?"

Iwaizumi didn't press any further, but he could tell that something was off with Oikawa.
Oikawa's mind kept going back to you and it was hard for him to focus on his surroundings.
"Hey! Shittykawa! You're going into the wrong direction! We have classes in this building now!"
Iwaizumi was pointing to the other building and Oikawa stopped daydreaming for a second.

"Oh, Y-Yeah. I was lost in my thoughts, sorry."
"You're acting weird ever since this morning. What's wrong?"
"It's nothing, don't wor-"

Oikawa stopped talking and was just standing there, shocked at what he was just seeing.
"Oikawa, what is it?"
Iwaizumi was trying to follow Oikawa's gaze, but he wasn't able to see anything extraordinary.

Meanwhile, Oikawa's heart was pounding loudly and for a second, his surroundings became blurry and quite. All he could see was a familiar beautiful girl in the same school-uniform as everybody else here in Aoba Johsai. A girl that was looking around with a confused expression with a small piece of paper in her hands.
He didn't even realize that he was starting to run into her direction. He could barely hear Iwaizumi call out his name, but he didn't care. He started to push his way free to the girl in front of the building.
"(Y/N)-CHAN!"

Upon hearing your name, you jumped a little and before you could fully turn around, someone had already grabbed both of your arms. You were confused and didn't know how to react.
"Ehh, I'm sorry, do- do I know you?"

Oikawa's heart sank when he heard you say these words. He also noticed how you were trying to create some distance between you two and how you had risen your hands up, in order to push him back, if he should come any closer. Oikawa wasn't able to respond. He just stood there, while his grip on your arms slowly loosened up.

You on the other hand, were slightly freaked out by this weird guy's behavior. He looked extremely sad and disappointed and you didn't know what to do. Should you just push him back? Maybe this was some kind of joke. But he looked way too serious to be joking around.

Both of your thoughts were interrupted by a group of girls calling out Oikawa's name.
"Oikawa-senpai! I baked some cookies for you!"
"Oikawa-senpai! I will be cheering you on today in Volleyball practice!"
"You looked absolutely amazing at practice last week!"

Both of you turned to the side to see that the girls had already surrounded you. Some girls were muttering and asking who you were and why you were so close to Oikawa. Then a few girls managed to push you out of Oikawa's grip, which you were partly angry about, but also relieved. What did just happen?
"Are you alright?"
You turned around to see a spike-haired boy.
"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Could you perhaps tell me where I can find this place?"
You showed him the paper in your hands and he examined it for a few seconds with a little frown.
"Oh, yeah. They changed the buildings name, so it's not like it says on your paper anymore. You have to enter this building and search for the right numbers on the paper you have. You're heading to the office right?"

Finally! Someone actually helped you when you asked him for help! And he was really nice about it too!
You responded with a genuine smile. "Yeah, thank you for helping me! I've been searching for quite some time now!"

Iwaizumi returned the smile. "Don't mention it. I'm glad I could help."
You nodded with a smile and turned around to go to the office.

Oikawa was watching you leave and he couldn't bring himself to go after you. He didn't want to creep you out more than he already did. The girls around him were trying to get his attention by calling his name.
"I'm sorry. I have to go now." His voice was flat and not filled with the usual fake joy, which made the girls back away. None of them dared to go after him.

Iwaizumi stared at him suspiciously. "Wanna tell me what that was all about?"
Suddenly, Oikawa acted as if nothing had happened and responded with his usual smile. "It was nothing you have to worry about, Iwa-chan. It would be too complex for you to understand and you might burn your brain cells!"
In response, Iwaizumi hit him forcefully on the head.