31

You were sitting next to Oikawa in the bus. Matsukawa and Hanamaki were sitting in front of you and Iwaizumi was behind you. The whole class was excited about the trip and everyone was making plans already. Oikawa and you were talking too. Actually, no. You guys weren't talking but arguing about the most unnecessary things possible.
"Being able to stop time for five seconds is so useless! Imagine being able to repair everything with one touch! It would be so much more useful!"
"But you can stop the time over and over again! And if you train long enough, you could stop the time for a longer time!"

Hanamaki and Matsukawa turned around to face you guys.
"Could you stop talking about JOJO!? I haven't watched the last season yet and I'm afraid that you're going to spoiler me." Hanamaki looked annoyed.

Oikawa was ready to defend himself and you. "Technically, we're only talking about stands and not about the actual plot."
You nodded in agreement.

Matsukawa matched Hanamaki's annoyed attitude. "You mean just like last time when you guys were talking about Bungo Stray Dogs and whose powers were the best and you spoilered me?"

"Hey! Oikawa was the one who spoilered you, not me! You crossed your arms in defense.
"(Y/n)-chan! I'm defending you here and in return you betray me like this!" Oikawa whined.

After some time had passed, you fell asleep with your head resting on the window. When the bus driver drove over the damaged street, your head hit the window so hard that Oikawa shot his eyes open upon hearing the loud noise. You tiredly held your head and cursed under your breath. Oikawa on the other hand laughed you out, making you glare at him.
"very funny! I could have gotten a concussion by that forceful collision!"

All of a sudden, Iwaizumi's astonished voice could be heard from behind. "That sound came from your head colliding with the window!? Damn." 

Oikawa slowly calmed down from all the laughing. "Don't worry. (y/n)-chan is very tough."
He looked at you for a moment, lost in thoughts and you wondered what he was thinking of. He then gently grabbed your forearm and pulled you closer to him, until your head was touching his shoulder. Suddenly, he put his other hand up and placed it on your head to adjust it on his shoulder.
"You can rest your head on my shoulder."

You blushed slightly. You were going to refuse the offer and tried to position yourself back up again.
"T-Thanks, but that's no-"

Your head was only an inch away from Oikawa's shoulder, until he stopped your movement by showing your head gently back to his shoulder and kept his hand on your head.
"Yes, it is necessary. Now stop arguing and go back to sleep."

You decided to do as he said, as there was no point in arguing with him. He would insist until he got what he wanted and honestly you were too tired to try to argue back. Plus, it was pretty comfortable and you didn't know why, but his hand on your head made you feel something that you couldn't describe. Enjoying the warmth of his hand, you fell asleep quickly.

Even though Oikawa had acted all cool, his heart was beating very fast. He was afraid that you were able to hear it. Cautiously, he looked down to see your face. Your even breaths and relaxed expression indicated that you had fallen asleep. He couldn't help but stare at you while he got the opportunity to do so. A few strands had fallen onto your face and he used his hand that was resting on your head to tuck them away with his fingers. He gently brushed your face while doing so and his gaze softened even further. Subconsciously, you slightly leaned into his touch and Oikawa's heart started to beat faster than before.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Matsukawa whispering. "You got it on camera?"
Hanamaki's response was just as quite. "Yep. Every second."

Oikawa looked in front of him to see the two idiots with their phones in their hands. Oikawa started to blush even further when he saw them smirk mockingly. He wanted to yell at them and rip their phones out of their hands, but he didn't want to wake you up. All he could do was curse them inwardly.

After what seemed like forever, Oikawa was finally able to fall asleep too. His head was rested on top of yours and his hand had fallen on your side.

Some of the girls got jealous and started to get noisy, in hopes to wake you both up. They were successful, because you started to groan and open your eyes to slits, annoyed by the noise. Just when you were about straighten up to drink something, Oikawa wordlessly pulled you back again. It took you by surprise but you decided to stay in that position for a little while longer. You could feel some people stare at you intensely, but you were too tired to care. People had always looked at you with disdain, so you were used to it.
You found people who actually liked you for who you were and they made you feel valued. That was all you needed. With a content smile, you closed your eyes again, appreciating Oikawa's presence next to you.

If only you knew how much you meant to Oikawa.