45

PE classes had just ended and Oikawa was waiting outside for you with his friends. Most of the girls had already left, which made Oikawa worry about you. Whenever the bell would ring, you would be the first one to have already packed everything and you would always be the first one to leave. Especially after PE classes, you'd be the very first one to leave.

Besides Oikawa, Iwaizumi too, was starting to wonder what took you so long. Oikawa was about to voice his worries. However, the conversation between a small group of girls who were in the same class as you prevented him from speaking up.

"Do you think she'll be okay? It's not like I have any sympathy for her, but what if she decides to tell a teacher and we were to blame too?"

Another girl rolled her eyes before answering her friend.
"Don't be ridiculous! This isn't the first time that something like that has been done to her. I don't think she's going to tell anyone. She's probably too busy to look down on others than to ask for anyones help."

Another girl laughed at that response.
"Yeah, I totally agree with her! I absolutely hate that cold and arrogant look on her face. She's always acting like she's better than everyone else. It makes me so sick! She definitely deserved it!"

Oikawa's stomach churned and his eyes widened. They were definitely talking about you. Iwaizumi, too, seemed to be more tense. Oikawa turned abruptly to the direction of the girls. He was about to walk up to them when another group of girls approached him and blocked his way.
"Hey Oikawa-san! Would you like to eat lunch with us?"

The girl was smiling brightly and grabbed Oikawa's arm with a pleading look on her face. She was about to open her mouth to say something again, when Oikawa shoved her away roughly.

"Where is she!? Where is (y/n) and what have you done to her!?"
Oikawa's voice sent down shivers to everyones spines. His cold and threatening expression made the girl in front of him take a step back in pure horror.

"W-What a-are you talk-"

The girl was cut off by Oikawa's firm voice.
"Quit playing around! I'm not going to ask you twice!"

To the girls relief, Iwaizumi placed a hand on Oikawa's shoulder to calm him down a little bit.
"Oikawa, stop it! And you," Iwaizumi was looking at the girl, "you should get going."

The girl wasn't waiting for anyone to repeat that, as she and her friends took off rather quickly.

Just when Oikawa was about to make his way to the girls locker room, they saw you approach them. And as if nothing had happened, you looked at them in a puzzled manner.
"Is... Everything alright?"

Oikawa freed himself from Iwaizumi's grip and placed his hands on your shoulders, squeezing them slightly.
"You have some nerve to ask that question. I should be the one to ask you that."

Oikawa's expression made you feel irritated. It was not the worry in his eyes that made you feel this way. It was the look of regret and disappointment that seemed to be directed at himself.

"I, uhm... I'm fine? Why wouldn't I be?"
Even though there was a 99% chance that Oikawa knew that something had happened that made you feel upset, you didn't want to admit it just jet.

As expected, the 1% chance of him ignoring the matter didn't occur.

"Iwaizumi, you should go to the cafeteria first. We'll join you later.
Oikawa didn't take his eyes off of you while he was talking to Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi on the other hand, didn't make any comments and just nodded before he vanished.

"Why are you still wearing your PE uniform?"

You really hated to be in this situation right now. It felt like you were being interrogated and Oikawa's seriousness wasn't making things any more comfortable.
"Because my other clothes got dirty. And they got a little wet."

You were trying to play it off but you knew that it wasn't going to work.

"And why is that?"
"Can you stop staring into my soul? It's not a big deal! Really! I appreciate that you're worried about me, but there is nothing to be worried about."

Oikawa didn't say anything. He was only looking at you with those eyes that asked you why you didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth.

"Okay, fine. The teacher asked me to help him after class. When I was done and I got back to the locking room, I couldn't find my clothes anywhere. After searching for some time, I found them. It was probably one of the girls. I don't know what they did with them, but they were dirty and wet. At this point, I don't think I even want to know."

Remembering the taunting looks on their faces and how they whispered while laughing makes you angry again.

"Is that so? Well, then I am going to make sure that nobody ever even thinks about harming you in any way again."
The look of pure anger and resolution on Oikawa's face made you shudder. And as if he was going to fulfil his promise right away, he released the grip on your shoulders and started to walk into the other direction.

Suddenly realizing what Oikawa was actually about to do, you ran in front of him and placed your hands on his chest to stop him from moving.
"Wait, what are you doing? You can't get involved in this!"

"Too late. I got involved in this the moment they decided to harm you. I will make sure something like that never happens again."

"I can handle it myself! This only concerns me and it really isn't that serious."

Oikawa was feeling guilty for not realizing how the others were treating you. He knew that many people didn't like you, but he never knew that anyone had actually tried anything to hurt you. He should have payed more attention. Especially after he saw how people had treated you in your world. He always wished that he would be visible again, so that he could protect you. And now that he finally was visible again, he didn't even notice anything.

"This isn't the first time that something like this has happened, am I right? I'm sorry, (y/n)-chan... I should have paid more attention."

"What the hell are you talking about? There is nothing you should apologize for! I am used to things like this. It never really bothered me too much. And I think that's why people don't stop. My lack of response makes them angry, which makes them want to try again and again. If I were to get upset myself, it would mean that I have lost and I'm most definitely not going to give them that satisfaction."

"Why didn't you say anything?"
He knew the reason very well himself. It was because you hated accepting help from others. You would keep your problems and worries to yourself because you didn't want to burden anyone with them.

"There was no reason to do so. I, as I have already told you, don't need any help. And now let's end this stupid conversation. I'm hungry and lunch is about to end. Let's go to the cafeteria, I'm starving.

Sighing in defeat, Oikawa accepted your offer to eat, however, he definitely wasn't going to sit back and do nothing. He would make sure that nobody ever made you sad again. Ever.