44

After you had arrived at Oikawa's home, Takeru claimed that he was hungry, so you offered to cook something. Oikawa didn't want you to make an effort and he wanted to offer to simply just order something. However, he had missed your cooked food a lot. He sometimes 'spontaneously' came over to your house, just to be able to eat your food again. Of course, spending time with you in general was a big plus point too.

Takeru and Oikawa decided to help you, which you appreciated. Oikawa saw you struggling to open a jar and offered you his help. He reached out to take the jar from your hands, but you pulled it away from his reach.

Oikawa looked at you confused.
"What are you doing, (y/n)-chan? Let me help you."
"It's fine, I can do it on my own."

Even though Oikawa wanted to protest, he knew exactly that you weren't going to accept any help. He could see it from your expression. So instead, he was watching how you tried to open up the jar with all your strength. You let out a big breath and looked at the jar with such an intensity that one might think that it'll magically open it.

Oikawa reached his hand out again.
"Let me try it."
"No!" Your answer was a little bit more aggressive than before.
"I'm going to open this stupid jar and if it is the last thing I do!"

Oikawa let out a sigh and leaned back. This could take a while. Especially because he knew that you weren't going to give up easily.

After a couple of tries, you went to grab a towel to ensure a better grip on the jar. Soon, Takeru joined Oikawa and they both were watching you struggle with the jar.
"What is (y/n)-san doing? Can't you help her?"
"She doesn't want to accept my help."
"How long will it take? The onions are going to burn."
"Just put the pot away from the cooker. This will take some time."

For a second, Oikawa and Takeru thought that you would give up, as you placed the jar on the table and drew your hands away from it. Instead, you stretched your fingers and looked at the jar furiously once again.
"As if I'm going to give up. Prepare to be defeated you studip jar."

After a few minutes had passed, you wordlessly handed the jar to Oikawa, avoiding eye contact.

Oikawa smirked and took the jar out of your hands.
"I guess you're done, (y/n)-chan? Now that you gave up, I'll finish this quickly."

"Shut up! I didn't give up! I just didn't want us to waste more time!"

Oikawa tried to open the jar, but the cap didn't move an inch. You smirked when you saw his reaction. He cleared his throat and claimed that the jar was all slippy. With a towel in his hand, he tried again, but failed.
"Hey, don't look at me like that! I'm not done yet!"
"Sure, take your time."

No matter how hard Oikawa tried, he couldn't open the jar.

Takeru was holding his stomach with an exasperated expression.
"I just want to eat. I'm hungry!"

You apologized to Takeru and took the jar out of Oikawa's hands, even though he was protesting. You used a knife to let out the vacuum of the jar.

"I could have done it if you would have let me!" Oikawa crossed his arms.
"If I didn't manage to open it, then you wouldn't have succeeded either."
"Are you challenging me?"

Before things escalated, Takeru reminded the two of you that he still had homework to do and that he had to hurry with his meal. It almost felt like he was babysitting you two, instead of you babysitting him.

When you were done cooking, Takeru and Oikawa went silent, focusing on the meal that you had made for them. It was so good that they didn't want to waste time speaking.

After you were done eating, both of them thanked you for it and complimented your cooking skills.

Takeru made his way into the living room to do his homework. Oikawa was helping you with the dishes. He told you that he would take care of the dishes and that you should rest, but you declined and helped him.

After that, you observed how Oikawa was trying to help his nephew with his homework. You couldn't help but think that it looked cute.
"No, this is not correct. You have to do it like this. There, this page even explains how to do it step by step."
"But the explanation is too complicated! Can't you explain it in your own way?"
"I just did."
"Your explanation is complicated too!"

Takeru looked to the side, where you were sitting.
"(Y/n)-san, can you help me with my homework? Please!"
"Me? I mean I can try but I always found your uncle's explanations very good."

After you looked at Takeru's homework, you tried to explain it as simple as possible.
"Okay, you know what? Let's do one task together and I'll explain it to you step by step."

Takeru nodded and listened to your explanation carefully.

Now it was Oikawa's turn to observe the two of you. He noticed how you softened your voice and gaze when talking to Takeru. You continued to patiently explain, while Oikawa was watching you too.

He didn't even realize that you had stopped talking until Takeru waved his hand before his eyes.
"Hey, uncle Toru! Stop staring at (y/n)-san, you look creepy."

You burst out laughing.

"Huh? Did you say something Takeru?"
"Yes! I said that I finally understand it!"
"O-Oh, is that so? T-That's nice to hear! (Y/n)-chan is an excellent teacher!"

Takeru turned around to look at you again. Can we do all the tasks together? It's much more fun this way!"

You pat his head and smile at his enthusiasm.
"Of course!"