41

You guys went outside to walk around the city. Hanamki and Lisa were walking a little ahead of you and ever since Oikawa almost kissed you, you felt really awkward and nervous. The situation had made you so uncomfortable that it took you a little longer to try to understand what Lisa was aiming at.

Even though you still felt a little awkward, you looked at Oikawa, who was holding your hand. Without you wanting to, your face turned a little red and you cleared your throut before you spoke up.
"D-Did you notice anything weird about Lisa?"

Oikawa looked at you, seeming to be almost totally unbothered by the fact that he almost kissed you.
"What do you mean?"

You were trying to decide whether you should voice your thoughts or not.
"Nevermind. It's nothing."
"No, tell me! What is it?"

You paused for a moment and finally decided to tell Oikawa what was on your mind. You could trust him. Plus, he wouldn't judge you, no matter what you told him.
"I don't know how to put this, but... isn't it strange how much attention Lisa pays to us? Sometimes I even thought that she had totally forgotten about Hanamaki. It's as if she's analyzing our every movements."

Oikawa thought about it for a moment and slowly started to nod.
"Now that you mention it..."
"Yeah. And even though you are the most talkative out of the group, it's still a little strange that she always tries to talk to you the most. Even her facial expressions change when she's talking to you."

"Is that so?" Oikawa started to grin smugly. "It almost sounds as if you're jealous, (y/n)-chan. But don't worry, I'm all yours."

You had to maintain yourself from hitting him, because you didn't want to draw any attention to you. Especially when Lisa was finally distracted.
"Wipe that smug look off of your face or you'll be the one who's going to have a reason to worry about!"

You looked back to where Hanamaki and Lisa were standing to make sure they didn't overhear anything.
"Now that you mention it, (y/n)-chan, Lisa does look a little reserved when she's with Hanamaki."
"So... What does this mean? She doesn't have any interest in him? Why would she date him then?"
"I don't know either. Maybe we can ask how Hanamaki feels about her later."

You nodded and before you could say anything else, you noticed how Lisa turned to your direction. She started to approach Oikawa with a keychain in her hands.
"Hey Oikawa! Look at this keychain! Isn't it super cute? Hanamaki said it looks like a monkey, can you believe that?"

Before Oikawa could respond, you spoke up first.
"It does look like a monkey. A monkey with a mustache."
"Right!? I said the exact same thing!" Hanamaki was relieved that he wasn't the only one.

Oikawa nodded in agreement. "Wait, now I see it too!"

Lisa wordlessly put the keychain back to where she had taken it from. Her expression was neutral. The more time passed and the more you got to know her, the more you disliked her. What was her problem? You could see how Hanamaki's face dropped. He probably thought that he did something wrong.

You started to walk around again and you and Oikawa both lost Lisa and Hanamaki. Even though Lisa was watching Oikawa and you the whole time, the city was pretty crowded. At least that's why you thought that you had lost each other. But you didn't know that Oikawa purposefully tried to use the crowd as a way to get rid of Lisa and Hanamaki. He wanted to spend some time alone with you and he was sure that Hanamaki could handle the situation with Lisa on his own now.

"Well, there's nothing we can do, (y/n)-chan. I'm sure Hanamaki's going to be fine! We should take a ride on the ferris wheel! It looks really fun doesn't it?"
"Shouldn't we try to find them though?"

Oikawa, who was still holding onto your hand, pulled you to the direction of the ferris wheel.
"Don't worry, (y/n)-chan! They'll be fine!"

When you got onto the ferris wheel, you looked around to enjoy the beautiful view. The sun was setting, painting everything around it in an orange shade. However, Oikawa was only looking at you. The small, almost invisible excitement in your eyes managed to warm his heart. The sun was glowing on your skin lightly.

"Even though I hate crowded places, it looks really nice from up here."
Oikawa laughed at your comment, not taking his eyes off of you for a second.
"Yeah, it looks absolutely beautiful and breathtaking."

You stared back at Oikawa.
"Wouldn't it make more sense to say that after you actually looked out and saw the view?"

He smiled genuinely and didn't stop looking into your eyes.
"What do you mean? I just described the view I was looking at."

You looked back at him in confusion.
"I don't get it."
You looked behind you to see if you missed something.
"Is there something that I don't see?"

Oikawa wondered how someone who was so perceptive could also be so oblivious.
Before Oikawa could say anything in return, his phone rang. He got it out of his pocket and immediately had a bad feeling when he saw that Hanamaki was calling.

You noticed the small change in Oikawa's face and asked who it is. He turned his phone screen wordlessly to your direction, so you could see who it was. He then answered the call and Oikawa could tell right away that something was off.