35

After a while, you and Oikawa decided to join the others who were swimming in the sea. When you reached the others, you realized that you weren't able to touch the sand with your feet. The others didn't seem to have that problem. You decided swimming on your back would be more comfortable.
"Awww, chibi-chan can't reach the ground with her feet." Oikawa made fun of you.
"Hey! I'm not short! You're just a giant."

Matsukawa accidentally splashed some water on your face. He initially had targeted Hanamaki, but he managed to dodge. You wanted to splash him back, but accidentally hit Hanamaki. Before you could apologize, he started to splash you back too. It was harder for you to fight back because you had to focus on not going down in the water. Matsukawa joined Hanamaki and they both started to go against you.

They noticed that you were struggling with keeping yourself on the water. Matsukawa smirked and dived into the water to pull you down. A small sound of surprise escaped your mouth, before you were pulled down into the water by your leg. When you made it to the surface of the water again, you tried to escape.

You had no chance and they knew it. You swam into Oikawa's direction, taking a hold of his arm before anyone could drag you underwater again.
"Oikawa, protect me!"
"Only if you beg, then maybe I will help you." Oikawa smirked arrogantly.
"I guess I rather drown then."

Just then, someone tried to pull you down again. Out of reflex, you slung your arms around Oikawa's neck.
"I changed my mind! If I drown I'll take you with me!"

Oikawa stumbled a little forward, but managed to gain his balance. Considering his height, it wasn't so hard. You managed to free your foot and tightened your grip around Oikawa's neck. You leaped forward, positioning yourself closely behind Oikawa's back.
"If you won't help me voluntarily I will force you to!"
"Is that so? Than I have no choice but to fight back." He grabbed your thighs, pulling you closer to his back. When you realized what he was doing, your eyes widened in panic. It was too late for you to escape. He jumped backwards, making you both dive into the water.

You managed to escape his hold by pushing yourself away from him with your hands. When you reached the surface again, you took a deep breath.
"You betrayed me!" You pointed your finger accusingly at Oikawa.
"It wouldn't have happened if you would've just asked me politely to protect you. Now, because I am such a nice person, I will give you another chance to beg me for forgiveness."

You looked at him with a disgusted face. "You're right. I should apologize. I'm sorry I didn't throw the sunscreen more forcefully onto your head."

You could hear Iwaizumi burst out laughing.

Oikawa smirked intimidatingly. "Don't say I didn't warn you, (y/n)-chan."

He leaped forward and you turned around to swim away from him. As quick as he was though, he already had wrapped his long arms around your torso. He pulled you closer to him and threw you head over into the water. A small scream escaped your mouth, before you were thrown into the water yet again.

This time you made sure to keep some distance between the others when you reappeared on the surface. Oikawa laughed and apologized.
"There's no need to swim away from me. I'm sorry I won't throw you into the water again."

You looked at him suspiciously, not believing a word he said. "Yeah, sure. As if I would believe you."
"Do you think I can't reach you from here? There's no need for me to lie."
"You might be tall, but there's no way you'll reach me from this far!"
"Oh? You wanna bet?" He had a challenging smirk on his face.

Even though the look he gave you intimidated you, you didn't admit it. Before you could say anything, he started to move quickly into your direction. Without thinking twice, you turned around and swam as quickly as you could. You could hear him come closer, but luckily, you were able to stand on the sand a little again. Fighting for your life, you ignored the burning sensation in your muscles. There's no way your pride would let you lose.

You felt Oikawa's hand brush your back and you subconsciously let out a small shriek. You managed to get out of the water, completely out of breath. You let yourself fall onto the sand and Oikawa finally caught up with you. He too was breathing heavily and offered a hand to you, which you took. He pulled you up and you flashed him a triumphal smile.
"I told you you wouldn't get me!" You managed to say in between your heavy breaths.
"Oh please! You look like you're going to faint any given moment!"
"Doesn't matter, I still won!"

Oikawa couldn't argue with that and you guys went back to where your things were.
"Let me put on some sunscreen onto your back again. I guess I accidentally wiped it away when I grabbed you." You were already holding the sunscreen, waiting for him to turn around again.
"Don't worry about it. It's fine I don't need to put some sunscreen again."
"I wasn't asking you, I was ordering you. I don't want you to get a sunburn. Now turn around."

Before Oikawa could protest again, you had put the sunscreen onto your palm, waiting for him to turn around. And of course Oikawa couldn't resist teasing you again.
"(y/n)-chan, I didn't know that you so desperately cared for me. It almost flatters me." He jokingly placed a hand on his bare chest.
"Well, unlike you, I don't find joy in almost drowning my friends!"
"Hey! Unlike you, I don't throw things like sunscreen onto my friends!"