34

Today was another warm day and the teachers were leading the way to the beach. You had taken the parasol that Oikawa had bought for you with you.
When you reached the beach, you guys chose a place to put down your stuff.
Just like the others, Oikawa took off his shirt. Subconsciously, you were watching him and when he noticed, he smirked. You, however, weren't affected by it. You were partly zoned out and didn't pay much attention to anything or anyone. You did this a lot. Sometimes you would stare at people with a serious expression, creeping out the poor soul that you were subconsciously glaring at. You didn't do it on purpose and sometimes you didn't even realize that you were creeping out others.
Oikawa's voice brought you back to reality.
"(y/n)-chan, can you put some sunscreen onto my back?"
He was holding the sunscreen in his hand, about to hand it to you while he was holding eye contact with an innocent smile.

You looked at the sunscreen in his hands and then back at him again.
"Why don't you ask Iwaizumi? Or Hanamaki and Matsukawa?"

Oikawa's expression changed when he remembered what had happened last time.
"Hanamaki once forgot to cover some spots because he got distracted by some seagulls, so I got a sunburn on those spots. Matsukawa thought it would be funny to leave some spots free in a shape of a smiley. There again, I got a sunburn in the shape of a smiley. And Iwaizumi once almost gave me a concussion by hitting me on the head with the sunscreen."

You burst out laughing at Oikawa's distorted expression.
"Hey! That's not funny!"
"I'm sorry!" You barely managed to get the words out when you burst out laughing again.

The others had heard Oikawa's complaints too and decided to defend themselves.
"It's not my fault! The seagulls were coming dangerously near to my bagel! I had to make sure to defend it!" Hanamaki's words didn't seem to impress Oikawa. He then proceeded to look at Matsukawa to hear his excuse.
"What? I did it because I thought it would be funny."
"YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY!? MY BACK HURT FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT!"

Iwaizumi was unaffected by Oikaawa's complaint.
"I don't remember why I hit you, but I know that you deserved it."
"Are you guys serious!?"

When you were done laughing out Oikawa, you decided to help him out.
"Don't worry, I'll help you out."
You took the sunscreen out of his hands.
"Now then, turn around."

All of a sudden Oikawa got nervous and he did what you had asked him to do.
You put some sunscreen onto your hand and gently applied it onto his back. Upon your soft touch, Oikawa got goosebumps and he started to feel warm. He hoped that the others weren't able to see his small blush. His heart started to beat faster and it was hard for him to focus on anything else but your hands that moved slowly and gently on his back. When your hands moved farther down to his lower back, his blush deepened. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to ask you to do it.

Your voice brought him back to reality.
"Okay, I'm all done. And I promise I didn't leave out some spaces in the form of a smiley!" Your slight chuckle made his heart flutter.
"Thank you, (y/n)-chan! I can put some sunscreen on you too, if you'd like!" Oikawa didn't think before he spoke. He didn't know whether he could handle it.
"Thanks, but I'm not going to take off my shirt."

Strangely enough, Oikawa was happy to hear that. He didn't want anyone to stare at you.

Oikawa was just about to respond when a ball was flying directly into the direction of the back his head. Without thinking, you instinctively leaped forward, trying to prevent the ball from hitting Oikawa's head. You stretched your arms out, trying to push the ball back with the palm of your hands. You were both still in a sitting position, so it was impossible for you to keep your balance. You were able to prevent the ball from colliding with Oikawa's head, but in the process, you fell forward onto his chest. Your impact made Oikawa fall on his back and you fell with him, face still buried in his bare chest. You were trapped between Oikawa's legs and you supported your body up from Oikawa's. He was trapped by your arms around him, as you tried to lift your body up from his.

His face flushed red and he didn't dare to move. You on the other hand didn't notice, as you were too busy holding your nose from the impact.
"Oww. Sorry. Are you alright?"

Oblivious to the situation you were in, you brought your face a little closer to Oikawa's, to check if he was alright.
Oikawa's eyes widened and he took a few seconds to regain his composure.
"Ahh, Yes! I'm fine! Absolutely!" He laughed nervously, sweat dripping down his body, not only because of the sun.

When you lifted yourself away from him, you offered him your hand to pull him up. He nervously took it and hoped that his blush wasn't too obvious.
"What about you? Is your nose alright?"
"Yeah, don't worry. It's fine." You started rubbing your nose again "But damn. Your chest is so hard! It felt like colliding with a wall."

Oikawa again couldn't resist teasing you.
"Is that so? If you wanted to feel my chest that badly, you could've just asked, (y/n)-chan." Oikawa smirked smugly.

You blinked a few times, not being able to understand what he meant directly. When you realized what he was doing, you blushed slightly and threw one of the towels at him. He caught it effortlessly and laughed at your angered state.
"Oh come on, (y/n)-chan! After putting such an effort into saving me, you decide to throw things at me yourself?" Oikawa jokingly pouted.
"Continue speaking and I'll recreate that scene where Iwaizumi hit you with the sunscreen!"
You held the suncreen in your hands, ready to strike him if he dared to say anything wrong.

In response, Oikawa held his hands up defensively. "I was just joking, (y/n)-chan!"

You put the sunscreen down, still looking at him suspiciously.

"Or was I?"

Without thinking it through twice, you threw the sunscreen at him.