14

When you woke up you saw something or someone looming over you. Your eyes widened and you jerked away from it. When your vision became clearer, you realized that it was Oikawa. 

He reached his hands out to calm you down. "Hey (Y/n)-chan! You're finally awake!"
For a few seconds, you just stared at him and tried to remember what happened. "You fell unconscious. So I carried you here."
"Really? I fainted?"
"Yes, really! You know, you don't have to always push yourself! It's ok not be ok!"

You didn't know how to respond. Nobody ever cared for how you felt and how you were. And nobody ever told you that you needed to stop pushing yourself. It was the complete opposite actually. They would act as if you were not working hard enough.

"I- Uhh, made you some soup and porridge, I guess?"
Oikawa was holding a tray with what was supposed to look like porridge and soup.
"I didn't get the chance to taste it first, so, uhh, you will have to try it out first."
Oikawa didn't really look confident in his cooking. You couldn't blame him. It looked... extraordinary? But you didn't mind at all. He made the effort to cook something for you and you're convinced that he probably tried hard.

Oikawa saw you look at the food in front of you with a genuine big smile. He blushed lightly and placed the tray on your lap. You looked up to him and spoke softly. "Thank you, Oikawa. I really appreciate it!"
Oikawa's blush deepened and he looked away.
"Don't thank me yet. You should try it first."
"Don't worry! I'm sure it tastes good!"

Oikawa was watching you intently, curious about your reaction. When you took the first bite, your smile grew wider, which caused Oikawa to feel some sort of joy inside of him.
"It tastes awesome!"
"Really!?"
"Mmhhm. I told you that you didn't need to worry!"
"Alright now I'm curious. Let me taste it!"
"No!" You held the food out of Oikawa's reach.
"What do you mean no!?"
"I'm sick and I already ate from it. You could get sick too."
Oikawa looked at you doubtfully. "Aren't you exaggerating?"
"Nope!"
Oikawa watched you eat and pouted.

After you ate up everything, Oikawa brought your dishes to the kitchen. There, he saw his cooked food in the pot and decided to taste it himself. His excitement, however, died down quickly when he tasted it. He immediately spit it into the dustbin and drank a lot of water. His food was terrible. Gasping for air after drowning down the water, he looked at the pot in disgust. Why did you say that it tasted good!? There is no way that you could've actually liked it. It was impossible. And how were you able to maintain a straight face while eating that!? You must feel extremely nauseous, because even he felt sick right now. With a big glass of water, he made his way to your room again.

When he came in, he just looked at you angrily. You looked back at him questioningly. "What?"
"Why didn't you say anything!?"

You know what he was referring to, but you acted as if you didn't.
"Say what?"
"Stop acting dumb, you know what I mean! I didn't make that food so you would feel worse!"
"It wasn't that bad-"
"Yes! Yes, it was! Drink this!" He gave you the glass of water, which you accepted.
"You made such big efforts for me. I didn't force myself to eat it. I ate it because I wanted to and I did enjoy it."
Oikawa gave you a doubtful look.
"Ok, I partly enjoyed it. But I can't describe how happy it made me to see you give so much effort to look after me."

Oikawa kneeled down to place his hand on top of your head. He looked into your eyes and smiled. "I look after you, because I want to. Because I like you and because you're important to me. You don't owe me anything. You help others all the time, including me. So let me take care of you too!"

You were too stunned to speak. You couldn't tell what exactly you were feeling. It was as if something warm was spreading inside of you. All this time, people made you feel like you were worthless, so you tried to be as useful as you could by helping them, in order to be acknowledged. You were afraid to let them see your real personality and thoughts, because you thought that people would even hate you more than before. Ever since you met Oikawa, you didn't think it was necessary to put an act around him. He always treated you kindly. Something that you weren't used to.

You put your own hand on top of his. "Thank you, Oikawa."