9

Fortunately, the second floor of the cafe was empty. In order to check the menu, Oikawa was sitting next to, because the waiter obviously didn't bring a second one. Once you both decided on what to eat, you let the waiter know. Noting down your order, he eyed you weirdly, as if he was questioning wether you would be able to eat all that by yourself.

As soon as the waiter left, you saw a sad smile on Oikawa's face.
"What's wrong?"

Oikawa looked up to meet your eyes and he rested his palm on his jaw.
"After volleyball practice I would sometimes invite my team to such a cafe."
"So I'm guessing that you really like them and that you miss them."
"Yeah, I do. I wish I could return to my former life.."

You looked away guilty. You wish you could've helped, but you just didn't know how to.
"I'm sorry that I'm not much of a help."

Oikawa's sad smile turned into a more happy one and he lightly shook his head.
"Don't be. I'm happy that I have at least you by my side. Thanks to these weird circumstances, I got the chance to meet you."

You felt a weird tingling sensation when he said that. At first you took his words seriously, but then you started to feel doubt blooming inside of you. Why would he say that? Nobody else would say or think that they are happy to know you. And you didn't really blame them.

Oikawa noticed the troubled look on your face, but before he could say anything, the waiter came in with your order. You thanked him and he left again.
"What were your friends like?"
"Could you not phrase it like they're dead?"

You took a bite out of your (f/d) and ignored Oikawa's request, waiting for him to answer your question.
"They're all really nice and hard-working. At least when it comes to volleyball. Though none of them surpasses me in terms of being attractive."

Oikawa held his head high and smirked, while you looked at him doubtfully.
"Of course. And I'm sure you had a lot of fangirls around you, who desperately called out your name in practice, so they could get your attention."

Oikawa's eyes widened at your mocking comment.
"Yes! That's exactly what was happening actually!"

You burst out laughing but Oikawa looked at you annoyed. Once you noticed his serious expression, your laughter slowly died down.
"You're just joking, right?"
"Why would I be joking!?"

Oikawa leaned in closer to your face.
"You don't think I'm handsome?"
Seeing you back away a little nervously, he smirked smugly.
"Who know, maybe you would have become a fangirl too, if you would have went to the same school as me in normal circumstances."

You furrowed you eyebrows at that remark.
"In your dreams! The audacity to even let that thought wander through your head!"
"Oh, come now, (y/n)-chan! It wouldn't be that bad!"
"Yes. Yes, it would be."
"You know, my teammates would really like you, especially Iwa-chan."

The thought of people liking you for who you are made you happy.

You both were continuing to eat your desserts, when a group of guys walked up to the second floor, where you and Oikawa were sitting. They unnecessarily spoke in a loud tone with each other and it got on both of your nerves. The group kept looking at your direction and you started to feel uncomfortable. One of the boys raised his voice even further and called out to you.
"Hey! You there! Wanna sit with us?"
"No, I'm good."
"Are you waiting for someone? Or does nobody want to hang out with you?"

Oikawa got up from his seat and pulled the guy's chair from behind, so that he fell down.
"What the hell!? Did you just pull my chair!? You wanna fight!?"

You didn't really understand what was going on. Why did the guy blame his friend when he clearly saw him sit next to him?

Soon the boys were engaged in a fight and Oikawa grabbed your hand to pull you out of that room. You looked at him questioningly, not being able to speak to him, as you were now on the first floor, where it was more crowded. He just smirked at you.

After you paid and went out of the cafe, you made your way to the empty park you usually went to. You were both sitting on the swings and you finally had the opportunity to ask Oikawa about what had happened.
"Why did that boy think that his friend was the one who pulled his chair away? Everyone saw him do nothing."
"It's hard to explain. I don't know for 100% myself, but my theory is that whenever I interfere with something, people make up their story of what happened. For example, in this case, the guy who fell from the chair because of me, has some sort of memory of his friend pulling that chair, instead of me."
"That's... so cool."
"Being invisible has it's perks too, I guess."
"But why did you do it in the first place?"
"Huh?"
"Why did you pull that guy's chair?"
"I didn't like the way he spoke to you. That arrogant fish face."

You laughed lightly at his remark and spoke softly.
"Thank you."

Oikawa blushed slightly and looked away. Once he noticed you swinging in your swing, he mimicked your action. While both of you were swinging, you exchanged looks every now and then, while you were talking to each other.