15

The next morning came and you were surprised that Oikawa didn't wake you up yet, so you stood up to find him. You were feeling a lot better than yesterday. It was probably thanks to Oikawa, because he made sure that you would rest and he even made all the chores that you were supposed to do.

When you arrived at the living room, you saw Oikawa still sleeping. You got closer to take a better look at him and noticed his pale face. You gently put your hand on his cheek to see if he had a fever. Upon your touch, Oikawa opened his eyes slightly but he didn't say anything.
"Dammit! I think I infected you. I told you to stay away from me!"

Oikawa smiled at you weakly.
"But (y/n)-chan! I could never stay away from you!"
"You barely have enough strength to talk or open your eyes, so stop that crap!"

Oikawa could see worry and guilt written all over your face.
"Don't worry about me, (y/n)-chan! It's not your fault! I will recover in no time!"

Suddenly your mother walked into the living room and looked at you intently. She was probably checking if you were feeling good enough to go to school.
"You don't look sick today, which means you can go to school."

It was true that you were feeling better but you still felt the need to rest, because you didn't fully recover. Plus you couldn't leave Oikawa all by himself. Afterall, he was there for you when you needed help and you definitely needed to repay him.
"I still don't feel well. Can I stay home today?"

And again you somehow managed to anger your mother.
"You still need to rest!? You only acted as if you were sick yesterday!"

As usual you suppressed the anger and desperation that was bubbling up inside of you.
"Yesterday, I fainted, because I was sick! I already told you, didn't I?"

Your mother was looking at you like you were lying.
"You probably only imagined it and fell asleep instead!"
"I don't think that I would take a nap while standing next to the doorframe of the kitchen!"

Your mothers head turned to the direction of your brother's voice that called out for her from the kitchen. She then turned back to you.
"Do what you want to do! But make sure to do the chores!"

You were relieved that she agreed to you staying home today. When you turned around you saw Oikawa looking at you worriedly. He didn't like the way your mother was treating you. He witnessed first hand how poorly you felt yesterday.

"When everyone is gone, you can rest in my bed."

Oikawa knew that you hadn't recovered fully yet and he didn't want to occupy your bed. You needed to rest as well.
"No, it's fine! I'm really comfortable here on the couch!"

You raised your brows, showing him your doubt.
"No, you're not! On the way to school, you always complain about how uncomfortable the couch is and how much backpain it causes to you! So stop lying!"
"I got used to it! I-"
"Stop talking and save your energy! I will go back to bed so my mom leaves me alone, but once they're gone I'm gonna come back."

Half an hour passed and everyone left the house. Finally.
You stood up and walked into the living room. Oikawa had fallen asleep and you didn't know whether you should wake him up or not. You walked right next to him and touched his shoulder.
You spoke softly. "Hey, Oikawa. Oikawa wake up."

He slowly opened his eyes.
"You know, I wouldn't mind if you would wake me up like this every morning, (y/n)-chan."
"How many times do I have to tell you ta save your energy! Come on, stand up!"
"I don't want to! I like it here!"
"No, you don't!"

You grabbed his arm and pulled him up.
"Wow, you're really strong for a girl, (y/n)-chan!"
"Stop talking!"
"Okay, okay, I got it! No talking!"

Oikawa snuggled into your warm bed. Even though he felt guilty, he enjoyed lying in your comfortable bed.
You helped to cover Oikawa with your blanket.
"I will make you breakfast. I'll be right back. Call me if you should need anything."
Oikawa only nodded and you left the room.

Once you finished making breakfast, you walked in and set the tray on your table. Oikawa was sleeping again and this time you didn't want to wake him up. For a moment you just watched him. You enjoyed his company a lot and you were grateful to have him around. But you were also a little sad about his condition. He probably missed his old life and his family and friends. Would he be ever able to get back? And if he would, would he forget about you? Would you forget about him? Those thoughts made you feel sick. Oikawa was probably the very first real friend you ever had. Shaking your head slightly, you stood up and decided to do the endless amounts of chores your mother told you to do.

When you were finished, you decided to check up on Oikawa again. He was eating the breakfast you made him.
"You're a great cook, (y/n)-chan!"
"Thank you, Oikawa. While you were asleep I made some soup for you. Here."

You gave him the bowl and a spoon, which he happily accepted. You were about to leave the room, but Oikawa asked you to sit down and eat with him. Oikawa seemed to feel better too and you two chatted while you were eating. You finished your food before Oikawa did and he asked you to stay until he ate up too. By the time Oikawa finished his food, you had fallen asleep next to him in your bed. You were still sick and apparently your body wasn't able to withstand the exhaustion. Oikawa made sure not to move, so he wouldn't wake you up. He enjoyed your presence next to him. And it didn't take long for him to fall asleep too.