☆ | chapter 1 | ☆

I know there is hope, in these waters but I can't bring myself to swim when I am drowning

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned at school!"

Evie, Missy and Nas, three best friends.

Missy and Nas were next door neighbours, while Evie didn't live as close, she went to school with Missy whereas Nas went to a different school. The three girls were very different, not just by appearance, but personality too. However they were an extremely close trio.

They were currently at their favourite hangout spot; an old worn out sofa that had been dumped into a skip at the top of Nas and Missy's street and was never taken away. A large bottle of cider shared between the three of them.

"Miss Keane taught us that last year." Evie grinned at the girls, referring to her and Missy's old English teacher.

"Yeah, I think she said it to inspire us or something." Missy said. "Didn't half make me think we're wasting our time though."

"No." Nas hummed. "Your teacher's not the one who said that!"

"No?" Evie and Missy asked, with confusion written all over their faces.

"No." She replied. "Albert Einstein, he's the one who said that."

"Yeah, but Miss Keane was the one that said it to us!" Evie smiled at her two best friends, leaving them giggling.

"Missy, Evie, are you two drunk?"

"Yeah, kind of am." Missy smiled taking another swig from the bottle.

The trio looked at each other before bursting into more fits of the giggles.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Evie!" Zack Lopez was attempting to wake his sister at 7:30am for school.

"EVIE!" He roughly shook her shoulder, causing a groan to escape her mouth and her eyes to open ever so slightly.

"Hmm?" She hummed, closing her eyes again.

"Get up you gremlin!" Zack laughed before leaving his twins bedroom.

"Ughhhhh!" Evie groaned again, literally rolling out of her bed as she started getting ready for her first day at Ackley Bridge.

"You really shouldn't drink on a school night." Zack chuckled, eyeing his hungover sister, while he locked the door to their house.

The family weren't rich by any means, but their house was larger than most in Ackley. Their Mum worked a decent job as a nurse before she passed away, also a life insurance payout meant that the kids were left good money.

"What's the fun in that baby face?" Evie winked, using one of her nicknames for her twin.

"Shut up!" He laughed, gently shoving her as they went their separate ways to meet up with their friends.

"See you at schoooool!" Evie sang.

Evie walked through the school gates along side Missy and Nas. She saw her brother with Cory Wilson and their group of friends.