☆ | chapter 15 | ☆

I had good intentions
And the highest hopes

"Eve, I'm so sorry." Cory sighed, gently touching her bruised cheek, which he had been the cause of. "You know I'd never purposely hurt you like that, never."

"It's alright, it were an accident." Evie chuckled. "I forgive ya."

"Zack won't, where is he anyway?"

They were in Evie and Zack's house, sitting in the living room watching random TV.

"Uh.. I dunno." Evie said, knowing fine well that Zack was with Mr Bell, they were out buying 'healthy food', that's what they needed according to the PE teacher who wasn't impressed with the constant pizza and chicken nuggets.

Evie just didn't know how to explain that to Cory.

"I should shoot off before he's back then eh?" He sighed, standing up. "I really am sorry Eve."

"Oh shut up." She laughed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. See ya." He smiled, before leaving.

Evie pulled out her phone, texting Missy asking if she could go over. She didn't realise it till now, but since she lost her Mum, she felt more lonely than ever, despite still having her twin brother about.

Reading Missy's reply telling her to hurry up and get to hers, she quickly threw on her shoes and left the house.

"What's up." She panted, entering Missy's house where she sat on the sofa with Nas.

"Nas has a fit older brother." Missy grinned.

"You what?" Evie laughed in disbelief.

"Yeah." Nas nodded. "My Dad has a whole other family out in Bradford."

"Bloody hell." Evie said, plopping down next to her best friends. "You alright? Does your mum know?"

"I guess, no... I don't think she does anyway, she always said he had to go back to Pakistan when really he's just been in Bradford."

"That's shit." Evie sighed.

"I'm quitting school, gonna work at the burger van full time." Missy grinned.

"You're kidding?" Evie asked before turning to Nas. "Tell me she's kidding."

"There's no point, I'm no good at school. And somebody's got to pay the rent here." Missy replied.

"Miss, come on that's not true."

"I've tried to tell her."

"I'm not letting this go." Evie promised.

"Anyway, what's going on with you?" Missy asked. "Apart from that shiner you got from Cory Wilson."

"Ugh I could kill him for that!" Nas huffed.

"Mr Bell's taken Zack out to buy us food." Evie chuckled. "And he's living with Mr Simpson."

"Poor bloke." Nas said.

"What one?" Missy laughed.

"Hey! Mr Bell's alright." Evie defended. "He's helped us a lot."

"I know he has Eve, we're only messing, don't worry." Missy smiled.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TRIGGER WARNING
MENTIONS OF ABUSE & VIOLENCE

The following day after school, Jordan had begged Evie to come round to the Wilson house, something about him being in big trouble and his Dad being super angry.