☆ | chapter 5 | ☆

there ain't no room for things to change, when we are both so deeply stuck in our ways

"Clearly I missed something..." Evie said as she approached the table in the canteen where Missy and Nas were sitting together like nothing had happened.

"Evie, I'm so sorry!" Nas said. "You know I didn't mean to bring up your Mum I was-"

"Yeah, whatever." Evie cut her off before going to sit with her brother and his friends instead.

"Could've gave me a warning, cheers bro." She grumbled.

"Forgive me for being too busy worrying about you to tell you what they two get upto." Zack chuckled.

"Missy asked me to sleep with Nas." Cory said.

"What?" Evie exclaimed.

"She said if I slept with Nas, I'd get to sleep with her."

"That's disgusting." Evie mumbled, not knowing that Missy could go to such extreme lengths just for a bit of revenge.

"Yeah it was." Cory replied referring to the kiss him and Nas shared, causing the whole table to erupt into laughter.

"You also missed her wearing a headscarf for a whole day." Darren chuckled.

"Eh?" Evie was confused.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Missy and Evie were sat next to each other in English, Evie was being filled in on what she had missed yesterday.

What Cory said was true, Missy did ask him to sleep with Nas and as a reward Missy would let Cory sleep with her too.

kinda weird Evie thought.

What Darren had said was also true, Nas did wear a hijab for a whole day, clearly wanting to fit in with Alya's crowd more. Missy also told Evie about how her Mum stole Nana's bingo money and her and Nas had to go to some drug slum to get it back.

"Sounds eventful." Evie laughed at the fact she had only missed one day of school but missed so much drama.

"Listen eh.. I found something out." Missy grinned.

"What is it?"

"I'll get Nas to tell you later."

"Just cause you're talking to her again Missy, doesn't mean I am." She sighed.

But the girls were interrupted as Miss Keane bent down by Evie's desk.

"Evie, Mr Qureshi wants a word." She said gently.

It was only then that the girls had noticed Mr Qureshi, the schools community liaison, was at Miss Keane's door.

Evie grabbed her stuff and followed the man as her brother gave her a questioning glance.

"Don't worry Evie, you're not in trouble." Mr Qureshi offered her a kind smile. "I just want a word."

She nodded as he lead her into a classroom where Mr Bell was also present, sitting at a desk.